IGNORED

Givi V46 Topcase on R12RT

Iron Al

Hi Gang,

I thought some of you might like to see a few pics of my Givi topcase. This is the V46 case. 46 liters. Not too big or too small. I do wish it sat a little lower. I am otherwise satisfied with it. I'm particularly happy with the price.

34134708-M.jpg

34134713-M.jpg

34134716-M.jpg

34134719-M.jpg

34131560-M.jpg

34131610-M.jpg

MAN!! Its like you guys are reading my mind!!

I was wondering what the givi would look like. What is involved with installing the mounting bracket?

thanks

rob

Installation was really easy. You lay the mounting bracket on top of the luggage rack and screw it to 4 little plates that go underneath the luggage rack. It took me all of about 15 minutes. There is also a little foam pad that goes between the mounting bracket and the luggage rack.

ke3ok,

Thanks for the info.

Does the case feel solid installed?

Part of the reason I want a topcase, is for the backrest. A secure pillion is a happy pillion thumbsup.gif

Looks good!

rob

It is solild as a rock. It doesn't come with a backrest and that would have to be ordered seperately. Not sure of the price either.

Footrests are Ilium sport boards. I got them on eBay at a greatly reduced price. They go for $399 new. Just do a Google search. Lots of places sell them. I do scrape them a bit but that doesn't bother me.

I paid $215 for the case and $90 for the mounting bracket.

I bought the BMW large topcase because Givi didn't show a mounting kit when I bought my bike. My advice for the money and quality buy the Givi. I have had two on earlier bikes and they are as good or better quality than the BMW topcases and you can install a third brake light for safety!

Really like the color of your RT...Same as mine and the only one that looks good with this design, in my opinion. Other colors show all the broken up shapes slapped on to this bike.

I like the top box a lot. I popped for the small BMW top box and it looks a little like a peanut. Doesn't cover the bracket either, which looks a little wrong. Yours looks about right to me...for half the money.

I'm not keen on floorboards for an RT, (World's toughest riders?) but was thinking that the pegs could be lower. I've never scraped one yet. I've scraped my boots many times, but never a peg on this bike. Now that I've got Wilbers on it, I don't think it's possible to scrape them. Might as well go for some more leg room then, eh?

Also might like highway pegs at some point in the future. They have to be the right ones, though. Comfy, but not ugly.

Also thinking about an aftermarket seat. Hope Sargent gets their act together soon. They say not til next April or so.

-TB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I like the top box set up from Givi you have. I have the same bkie as you (color) and your set up looks naturall. Questions...How big is the box, what type (mono-key-lock), will it hold a flip up helmet (Schubert C2) and stich, lighting, cost, where did you get it?

Thanks for the info in advance.

Chuck

Archived