IGNORED

'09 RT Silver Trim Paint Color & Code

Atomicman

Anyone know the Silver Trim Paint Color on a 2009 Sapphire Black Metallic RT?

I need to have my filler cap and tank protector repainte. I have a buddy of mine who owns a very high end paint shop that is going to do it.

The dealer could not find me the paint code or color???? I am trying to keep the painter form having to spend the time to color match the paint.

I understand Colorite makes paint to match the main colors, but can't find the Silver Trim color!

Thanks in advance for any info!

I'm gonna pull the pin & just toss it! :grin: I think it's a powder coat finish on the filler cap.

BTW, Welcome! :wave:

Pat

nope, just a matt metallic non-clear-coated paint.

I have heard it may be White Aluminum Metallic Matte . But I have found 3 different versions of it!

White Aluminum Metallic

White Aluminum metallic #2

& White Aluminum Metallic #3

Try another dealer who has a parts person that knows ETK. You can look up the colour by using the code number from the sticker under the seat and referencing that in ETK. ETK will give you the actual numbers for the paint. I think all the OEM paint is made by Glasurit in Germany, at least it used to be.

Another idea is to use an online ETK and look it up yourself.

ETK, BTW is the electronic parts catalog used by BMW, VW and others.

I don't know is this will help or not, but a few months ago I was looking for the touch up paint that you used to be able to buy years ago for your bikes. The parts guy said that BMWNA doesn't import it any more due to California Environmental Regs/EPA Regs... but said any body work they need repainted they sent to Hammersly BMW in Lynchburg, Va which has been sold and renamed BMW Motorcycles of Lynchburg. They paint a ton of stuff there, so I would give them a call or go to their website http://www.webparts.com/

Hey, thanks for the tip but i have solved the mystery.

i may call the guys in Lynchburg just to

Holt BMW in Athens Ohio is a Glasurit Dealer and a BMW Motorrad dealer.

The trim color on my bike is 955. White Aluminum Metallic Matte #3. it is used without any clearcoat.

A big thumbs up to Elton at Bob's BMW! He was very helpful! Although I verified the 955 code through Holt and Bob's.

Collin at ride West here in Seattle turned ne on to Holt. They can provide the paint for about any BMW OEM paint since they are a Glasurit dealer. . I spoke to Marvin but Kent is supposed to be the GURU and extrememly knowledgeable.

They are sending me 1/2 pint for $58.00 Colorite who didn't not have the correct info was $90.00 for 1/2 pint.

holt BMW 740-593-6690!!!!

Try another dealer who has a parts person that knows ETK. You can look up the colour by using the code number from the sticker under the seat and referencing that in ETK. ETK will give you the actual numbers for the paint. I think all the OEM paint is made by Glasurit in Germany, at least it used to be.

Another idea is to use an online ETK and look it up yourself.

The sticker under the seat only has the main body color Black Sapphire metallic is N43. could not find a trim color there.

Where is ETK (you mean the database on the Glasurit site?)

You take the code number from under the seat and use ETK to look up the actual paint codes that make up N43 or whatever scheme you are trying to match.

N43 is the factory order code for your particular colour scheme and has (usually) nothing in common with the actual paint codes.

Archived