IGNORED

High Mount Mirrors for R1200RT

JJZorro

I noticed there are what look like rear view mirror mounting holes on the clutch and brake handle bar housings. With two up and stuff on top of the side cases I cannot see behind me with the stock rear view mirrors. Any idea what mirrors fit as my dealer advises there is nothing.

The 12GS mirrors won't fit but I know for a fact the 11XX GS mirrors do. 12GS is a totally different mounting type.

The mirrors for the R1200GS fit the R1200RT. They cost $50. each but work great.

I stand corrected. I guess my dealler put on the older model GS mirrors. I've attached a photo of my bike equipped with said mirrors.

556049-RT12a.jpg.4adaad0a1d56b7d42272e7ddd4c88fed.jpg

I've gotten used to the limited viewing of the mirrors. Now I think they are totally adequate when properly adjusted (wide to the sides and aim low). Just don't use it for scenery viewing. dopeslap.gif

Many already think this bike is ugly. With four mirrors it's a freakishfrankensteiniebeastie, truly a beauty only the owner can love! clap.gif

My RTP is the first bike I have had with low mirrors and I didn't like them. I purchased a pair of Multivex mirrors and now I love them. No blind spots anywhere. When a vehicle disappears from the outer edge of my mirrors they are already in my periphrial vision. If they are about to leave the mirrors I don't change lanes since they are about three feet off my tail and to one side.

Archived