IGNORED

Stock seat modifications

Ron-M

I have an 07 RT. I like the looks of the stock seat, but boy does it wear me out. I would like to modify the stock seat for better comfort. I do not want to buy a new custom seat, such as a Russell or a Sargent. Spencer from Spencer's Motorcycle Seat Modifications will not work on an RT seat any longer. He said 50% of the seats he received to work on were cracked. He stated that they were coming from the factory that way. So, for liabilty purposes he will not modify an RT seat. My question is, does anyone know of a company or person that will modify a stock seat, much in the same manner Spencer does? My cheek bones and I thank you in advance.

AdirondackJack

Here's the skinny on the stock seating dilemma: For the person who doesn't want to go the Russell/Sargent route there are few alternatives other than having your own stock seat massaged by someone else. My own opinion is that few custom seat guys can do a better job than Rich's Custom Seats up in Kingston,Washington (http://www.richscustomseats.com/). I know you said you didn't want to have a custom seat, but Rich will modify your existing seat, and there is no one better IMHO. I never heard of this issue of cracked OEM seats, but then there are a lot of things I've never heard of. In the event you need an extra (pristine) front seat for this project, PM me and I'll look around for the extra one I've got and don't need. Cheers

Spencer from Spencer's Motorcycle Seat Modifications will not work on an RT seat any longer. He said 50% of the seats he received to work on were cracked. He stated that they were coming from the factory that way.

Interesting as Spencer modified the rider and pillion seats from my R12RT last December. Certainly no cracking that I could see and I had 75,000 kms on them at the time.

Mark,

Yeah, I was really bummed when he told me that he no longer works on RT seats. I guess I was just a little to late with my inquiry.

Adirondackjack,

Thanks for the suggestion and the offer, I might take you up on that.

Pat,

I will look into Bill Myer's work on stock seats. Thanks

Try some upholstery places near where you live. Chances are you will find someone that rides a bike, or has done bike seats. Tom

Archived