IGNORED

Taking of the RT 1-2-3

CT_Rider

I just came back from The Taking of the Pelham 1-2-3. Cool flick. Good acting. And some great scenes with about eight or ten NYC RTPs screaming around Midtown. They only wrecked one (does that count as a spoiler?). The director, Tony Scott, or someone associated with that film is clearly a BMW fan. :thumbsup:

The director, Tony Scott, or someone associated with that film is clearly a BMW fan. :thumbsup:

... or maybe BMW paid to have their bikes in the film. You never know these days. They paid to have James Bond drive BMWs.

I saw them being prepped at my local dealer during filming. I think there were about 20 in all. Pretty cool....

-MKL

Except (as I mentioned in an earlier thread on this), the filmmaker dubbed in a different exhaust sound for the less than fierce boxer note.

The director, Tony Scott, or someone associated with that film is clearly a BMW fan. :thumbsup:

... or maybe BMW paid to have their bikes in the film. You never know these days. They paid to have James Bond drive BMWs.

Typically how it works on large films, is you have a person assigned to Hollywood. Their job is to get product placement in movies. Remember when people drinking sodas, were drinking the stuff and you couldn't tell what it was they were drinking? Those days passed in the 90's. Suddenly everybody figured out another way to get revenue. Product placement! From BMW, Coke, Dell, Apple, and many many others. I'm sure BMW's rep made sure they got their product placement. From loaning them the bikes, to making sure the BMW logo was prominently placed in certain shots.

Wayne

(I do sound work for films, and I'm very familiar with this topic)

Except (as I mentioned in an earlier thread on this), the filmmaker dubbed in a different exhaust sound for the less than fierce boxer note.

You're right, Mark. Clearly not a boxer exhaust. More like a Duc.

Archived