IGNORED

Vulcan 900 Custom ?

Mik

Hi Guys,

Just wondering what do you think about the new Vulcan 900 Custom for small rides around town and also for more than 300 miles a day?

I saw one today and liked it very much ( Orange color ).

How about the Vulcan vs the Sportser 883?

Thanks for your commentaries,

Mike

Mike,

Great looking bike! It reminds me a little of a Victory Vegas. Great for around town but I can't see riding any cruiser for anything more, let alone 300 miles a day. That's just me.

09_Vulcan900Custom_lrg.jpg

2004-VictoryVegasArlenNessA.jpg

Thank you Bill, yes it looks much alike the Vegas.

Im looking for a second bike so maybe for taking it around town would be fun to ride.

Like the photos!! :clap:

Mike.

Hi Guys,

Just wondering what do you think about the new Vulcan 900 Custom for small rides around town and also for more than 300 miles a day?

I saw one today and liked it very much ( Orange color ).

How about the Vulcan vs the Sportser 883?

Thanks for your commentaries,

Mike

I have no experience with the Vulcan 900, but I did have a Vulcan 750. After 4K miles, the stator went bad. They used crap materials and the insulation on the coil windings broke down causing a short within the stator. I did the work myself as it was no longer under warranty. Real PITFA if you ask me as the frame had to be split to move the engine.

Due to this failure at such low miles (and the stator was known to be a weakness on the Vulcan 750), I would never buy a Kawasaki again. I realize its basically a different bike now, so maybe its been improved.

It reminds me alot of my Vulcan Meanstreak 1600. Great bike, lots of custom options. Good for short rides, but would take my RT on a long ride over it any day!

Honestly, as a former Sportster owner (8 years) and as one who has ridden the 900 Custom, I'd say there's something else you should consider. A nice vintage, or classic machine. You simply can't get the raw feeling on a new motorcycle that a classic or vintage machine provides, plus they won't lose half their value in a few years the way a 900 Custom would.

When a trip's going to be long distance, I take the RT hands down. But for cruising around town...

r100s%20-%20right.jpg

You can get onto a nice classic Airhead like this for less than half the price of either of the two bikes you were considering, and it will provide twice as many smiles per mile - especially that 900 Custom, which is soporific to say the least... Look at older BMWs, Guzzis, Harleys, Triumphs, whatever. So much character!

-MKL

Thank you all you guys for your commentaries.

The honda looks great tapatio !! :dopeslap:

I also heard that the Kawasaki's aren't the best bikes in the market.

Moshe your R100S looks brand new :thumbsup: and Im agree a vintage moto could be a good idea.

Mike.

Another suggestion would be the Honda Fury. Pretty good reviews if you like this sort of bike.

2010-Honda-Fury-5.jpg

That is pretty sharp for a Honda 'custom'.

I've had one for a year now and put around 8,000 on it without any problems and I really like it. It's a very mellow, relaxing bike to ride and a hoot on back roads. Not so great on freeways at sustained high speeds. Just had it out today on back roads along the coast in northern CA. My other bike is a '95 GS with 125,000 on it. At least the Vulcan is great to look at.

Old bikes can be repairs, and problems, and malfunctions.

Honda (new one) is the most dependable and top quality. I vote for the Honda as seen above.

dc

Archived