IGNORED

Where's Route 66?

psmitty

I'm in Little Rock, AR tonight and tomorrow I am going to start retracing Route 66 from Oklahoma City back to Flagstaff. The first time through I had a hard time finding what paved Rte 66 roads are still out there. I kept running into dirt roads and sometimes the roads just ended. Does anyone have the paved route sections for me to follow?

I'll check this thread again before I leave in the morning and again tomorrow night.

Thanks in advance,

Paul (TallPaul)

It could be serious... I'll know more when I get home.

When I heard the news I cut my Route 66 trip short in Baxter Springs, KS. Her operation isn't until next Friday so I thought I would at least see Graceland before heading home. I did that today. On my way home, I'll be retracing Rte 66 in OK and TX. Then, I'll be going through UT and NV.

Thanks for the information. It looks like the same sites I saw before I left home but when my wife printed them out for me they were blank. I didn't notice it until it was too late.

I will, Thanks!

Also, after I get back and get things in order I will post a ride report. Andy (BanjoBoy) wanted me to have already posted it. I just couldn't. I was just too tired every night!

I will, Thanks!

Also, after I get back and get things in order I will post a ride report. Andy (BanjoBoy) wanted me to have already posted it. I just couldn't. I was just too tired every night!

No rush Cowboy, I was just "razz'in" ya!

Take yer time and have a safe 'n pleasant journey on route 66. (wasn't that a tv show?)

Those are good links. There are some good stretches of old road, some is just frontage on the freeway and some is just freeway.

dsc0037qik.jpg

From March of this year

Archived