IGNORED

Cee Bailey Euro Cut Windshield

I have an 1150RT with the stock windshield. It is adequate for summer riding, however I find I have to duck down a bit to get in the "quiet zone" when it fully extended. I also notice backpressure when it is fully extended. Consequently, I am looking for a different windshield for cool/cold weather riding...one that will provide more protection and eliminate the backpressure

I am considering the Cee Bailey Euro Cut. Is the flip design effective in providing protection? Does it negate backpressure? I am 5'10" with a 32" inseam. I can see over the stock shield and assume the same is true of the Cee Bailey (in the lower setting). I would like to be able to get into the "quiet zone" without having to crouch behind the windshield. I sure would like opinions from those who have one.

I am your height and have a plus 3 1/2 inch #2 Euro cut - it is effective at releiving back pressure, creating a quiet zone, and doing all the things it is supposed to do - great piece of gear, as are the CB 3-part headlight protectors.

I am 6'2" with a 35" inseam and got the Eurocut 4.5+.

It has been excellent. At your height the 3.5" should be sufficient.

I can see over mine and generally do not need it fully raised to reap the benefits.

Ditto what Claudio said. I'm the same size, and had the exact same CB on my RT. Best thing I did for that bike. I usually rode with the shield about half raised.

I'm 5'10 1/2" and weigh 210lbs. with a 32" inseam. I just put the Euro Cut 3 1/2" on my 2004 1150RT yesterday and was immediately impressed with it. I'm riding with it less than halfway up. Do it. thumbsup.gif

Regards,

Mike Gilles

I'm 5'9" 30" inseam and just sent back a +4.5" in exchange for a +2.5".Very understanding of my stupidity those CB folks. TOO tall when extended. Looked through the flip area, not over. Very much quieter at any position.

Ordered the Euro cut in 4.5", should have gone with the 3.5" My size is similar to yours, and the 4.5 all the way up does somewhat "challenge" my view. In fact I'm thinking in the summer I'll put my stock unit back on. With my 276c mounted on the dash the screen doesn't come down very far and I get very WARM!

Thanks for your replies. I think I am going to go with the Euro Cut. I have two more questions. 1) What is the deal with the different tints? Is there one to get...or one to avoid...or should I avoid the tinted models altogether? 2) I currently ride with my seat second (middle) height position. Will that have any effect on which height I should get? Based on your responses, I am considering 3.5" (maybe 2.5"). Thanks again.

1) What is the deal with the different tints? Is there one to get...or one to avoid...or should I avoid the tinted models altogether?

Don't get the dark tint. I got it on my "summer shield" and you can't see anything through it. That's OK when shield is fully down but if you raise it for interstate or rain , It's uncomfortable having such a big blind spot in front of you. frown.gif

Archived