IGNORED

Forgive me Father for I have sinned

Rinkydink

Having read all the "anti" aftermarket exhaust posts here I have decided to spend my money on some Ohlins suspension for my RT instead. But I just couldn't resist slapping a Yoshimura slip-on onto my son's SV650. Man, what a difference $300+ makes. I know it's wrong but I can justify it 'cause it's not on the BMW right?

Justify it however you need to. I think a little bit of throaty growl is A-OK. A Remus full system on my GS, and on my wife's RS would do quite nicely; but that same amount of cash would also fund a nice little moto-adventure. I vote for the adventure.

Rdink -

I bet the Yosh sounds GREAT on that big twin Suzuki! My son has an older Suzuki RF600 and he has a Yosh on there - very nice.

I have Akropovic CF slip-om's on my R1 and Remus Grand Prix CF on my Ducati. That Ducati is the best sounding bike on the track, period. The Akro's on the R1 make a nice sound but the stock sound is nice too. They do look much better.

I have resisted aftermarkets on the BMW - the stock sound is nice and quiet. I think the Ohlins is a much better way to spend your money.

My son (and I) are fully aware how to ride responsibly when conditions dictate it. We don't start it and run her up to 8k in the neighborhood. I asked my 75 year old retired neighbor if my bikes were a nusiance and he assured me it was not a problem. I was raised to be very considerate and my son will be raised in a likewise manner, thank you.

Archived