IGNORED

Which Sirius radio?

Rottweiler

I've got a BIG birthday coming up in December and let it be known to my loved ones that I'd love a Sirius radio. I'm a huge Howard fan and he's coming to Sirius in January '06, clap.gif but that's a different thread, back to Sirius. I want to be able to easily swap the radio between bike, car and home. What radio have you all used and liked and how have you mounted it on the bike? All suggestions and comments are appreciated. thumbsup.gif BTW, I have the BMW radio/cassette and use custom molded ER-6i's when going any distance at speed.

Well David, I am wired to the Starmate, and i have no other experence with any other unit.... It seems to me that it is easy to read, easy to use with gloves and it made my last 2,260 mile trip a blast from the past..... I concider it a wise and thoughtfull gift to myself.

Thanks for the reply Bill, How did you mount your Starmate, and where did you put the antenna? Do you use the FM modulator or hardwire to your radio or do you plug earphones right into the starmate?

I also have a Starmate. I don't use it on the bike but I do switch it back and forth between two cars and inside the home.

I bought mine from Crutchfield online. The car antenna was included and at the time I bought, Crutchfield was including a free home kit (antenna, power supply and stereo cord) for hookup to your existing home stereo system.

Great little radio. I just checked at www.sirius.com and they are offering the Starmate radio, car kit and home kit for $119.94.

Enjoy!

I also have a Starmate.It has a built in Transmitter that broadcasts to your radio(you can change frequency).When the earphones are plugged in it automatically switches to them.The guy at Radio Shack says for a bike,the Starmate is a better choice than the Sportster

The Starmate was $89.95 at Wal-mart in Sault Mi.-2 weeks after I paid $155.00 at Radio Shack!

There's a mail-in rebate of $50.00 that I'm still waiting for!

David, The antenna is mounted with hook and loop onto my driving lamp that is mounted above my mirror. The radio itself is mounted on the shelf using the mounting hardware that came with the unit..... i took it all apart, than only used a few peaces of it,... anyways, i'm not unhappy with its mounting, but at some point, i'll maybe do something differant when i hard wire it and some other things to clean-up the cludder

The rego looks great but it's a little pricey at $250 and up. And I'm not sure it's even available yet. I think I'll go with the Starmate. I also have to get a home kit and an extra antenna. (car, bike, home) It adds up fast when you include the extras plus the monthly fee. dopeslap.gif

David, I forgot to mention that i went with the Starmate mainly because it had a wonderfull volume control with plenty of power to run throu my earmolds without an outside radio or amp, also easy to use with a gloved hand

Archived