IGNORED

My '09 RT: Or, Returning From The Dark Side

John, Northeast Florida

John, Northeast Florida

I recently traded my '07 GT for an '09 RT. The color black is what did it for me. I have added some 'stuff' to enhance, at least to me, its look.

Of course I have to take off the ugly reflectors on forks!

The Remus Titanium full system 'seems' to give it some more mid-range oooomph. Could be me, but i like the exhaust note and can't hurt dropping a few lbs!

The Throttlemeister on a cruise control bike seems superflous, but, as the right hand gets a bit more arthritic a bit of tension on the throttle seems to help. Admittedly, the black set would look better.

Some other stuff, e.g. Vario controls, Cee Bailey dark gray/2 inch wider, 2 inch shorter screen, 'big foot' with 1/2 in acorn nuts for a bit more increase in angle, rear brake aluminum pad, Gadget Guy stuff for GPS/Sat and Valentine, and likely some stuff I forgot. But, the key to this bike are not the farkles but the black seems to change the RT. Just me I suppose. Some love the RT (and LT) mirrors but I can't seem to see anything with them, and as such, a known solution is a pair of the K12RS mirrors.

564572023_XDHBH-O.jpg

564572352_XCEvF-O.jpg

564571022_BNXYA-O.jpg

564571356_a8ARu-O.jpg

564572206_9qP2q-O.jpg

Finally, I continue to be amazed at this bike. I've ridden just about everything, to include the S, GT, HP2 Sport, R12GS Adv and I must unabashedly say the RT is one sweet ride!

yes,i do like it. i have been wanting the exact setup. i like your idea with bigfoot and acorn nuts. i need to do that on my r1150rt.

why bmw made em to lean over so far? hard to upright for sure on a full tank and 29" inseam.

The Remus Titanium full system 'seems' to give it some more mid-range oooomph. Could be me, but i like the exhaust note and can't hurt dropping a few lbs!

I have the Remus on my 1150. It pairs nicely with the Rhinewest chip for a little torque on the low end; some formerly second gear uphill corners are now 3rd gear.

Nice bike, BTW.

John, Northeast Florida

I did the same thing with the acorn nuts on my GT and works most of the time. Where it will fail is a very hot day, the tarmac/macadam/blacktop is near melting here in the FL sun, and the acorns are like tiny spears and as such, will go down to the bigfoot footprint.

Black is the best color. I was wondering where you got your backrest, I have one from Mike Gilbert in Trona california. I also have a tailbag but could not find one that slips over my backrest,could you please inform me where yours is from.

Thanks

John, Northeast Florida
Black is the best color. I was wondering where you got your backrest, I have one from Mike Gilbert in Trona california. I also have a tailbag but could not find one that slips over my backrest,could you please inform me where yours is from.

Thanks

Did you mean my tail bag? Uhhh, there is no backrest???? If it's the tailbag, it's from BMW and it's about 100 bucks.

Oh ok I thought it was a tailbag slipped over a backrest.

If you have an interest in a backrest let me know, there is a guy in Cali that makes them and they are easily removeable if you want to ride without it sometimes.

Archived