IGNORED

SATELLITE RADIO/EAR BUDS.....

shatzbot10

I'm intersted in listening to live radio while touring; and am considering Sirius "Stilleto 2". Anyone, out there, have an opinion regarding this item or other options?

Is there a recommendable accoutrement to reduce the roaring wind noise thru the helmit (still detectable, even with all assortment of ear plugs)?

Your thoughts will be appreciated.

Joe

It's my understanding that you will still need an external antenna on the bike somewhere.

I'm considering the same thing, I wonder if you can velcro the antenna on the tank bag?

I'm curious to hear options as well!

It's my understanding that you will still need an external antenna on the bike somewhere.

I'm considering the same thing, I wonder if you can velcro the antenna on the tank bag?

That is exactly what I did...velcro the antenna to my tank bag. Works fine.

Is there a recommendable accoutrement to reduce the roaring wind noise thru the helmit (still detectable, even with all assortment of ear plugs)?

Your thoughts will be appreciated.

Joe

Not long after I set up my RT with XM radio I ran into Arizona Al (a member of this DB) who set me up with some custom molded earplug speakers. The cost was reasonable and they block out the majority of wind/road noise but still allow me to hear emergency vehicles. Al travels around the country attending rallies and doing earplug fittings, perhaps you can PM him to find out if he'll be in your area.

If you go this route you may want to look at a Radio Shack 8" patch cord with an in line volume control. They cost about $8 or $9 and are worth the price.

I use a set of etymotic ear plug speakers. They are made just like the flanged shooters ear plugs. They block 30 db of outside noise. Are comfortable all day (I wear an arai rx7 corsair) and they do not protude past the outside of your ear. They are expensive though. $299.00 I have had these for nine years. So they seem to be rugged. And the sound quality is great.

Good luck in your search

I mounted my Sirius antenna on top of my left rear view mirror with velcro. Ran the cable (you can't really trim them) under the plastic, with the excess zip tied together under the seat.

I'm wondering what helmet you use. I don't get much wind noise with my current Shoie RF 1000.

I also have XM radio hooked up using an autocom system. works great. The XM receiver (and cell phone) are mounted by products from http://www.ztechnik.com/

I also use Etymotics (ER-6i Isolators) which you can find for about $69 online (MSRP is about $149). They are extremely comfortable, sound great and block almost all wind noise (I use a BMW System 5). I have mine hooked up to an Autocom system which integrates XM, V1, Zumo 550, and of course the native intercom function of the Autocom (SuperPro AVI).

Archived