IGNORED

Greece in May

Traveler1

I've just posted the tale for a ride we completed in May on the Peloponnesian peninsula in Greece. To View go to: http://motorradworldtourers.com/

Once there click on "Ride Indexes" and then on "2009 Ride Index" where you will find "Greece with Dieter" at the top of the page.

It was a great ride, beautiful weather, and no tourist traffic (in May). Hope you enjoy.

Poster: Traveler1

Subject: Re: Greece in May

I've just posted the tale for a ride we completed in May on the Peloponnesian peninsula in Greece. To View go to: http://motorradworldtourers.com/

Once there click on "Ride Indexes" and then on "2009 Ride Index" where you will find "Greece with Dieter" at the top of the page.

It was a great ride, beautiful weather, and no tourist traffic (in May). Hope you enjoy.

Beautiful pictures. The country side looks absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

When we first decided to ride Greece, I had my doubts. I rode on the mainland in the 70s and my only memory is lots of rocks and poverty. Obviously things have changed (at least on the islands). When the ride was finished all my doubts were gone - it's a great place to ride. Doing the ride before the tourist season really made a difference.

bart_vanreeth

Enjoyed your report as I am preparing my trip to Greece right now. I'm leaving within 2 weeks. We're planning to camp most of the time but might also rent rooms here and there. Is it safe to leave the bike on the street at night? I have a BMW-alarm and a heavy chain-lock.

Thx

Enjoyed your report as I am preparing my trip to Greece right now. I'm leaving within 2 weeks. We're planning to camp most of the time but might also rent rooms here and there. Is it safe to leave the bike on the street at night? I have a BMW-alarm and a heavy chain-lock.

Thx

Bart - You should have a good ride, but probably a lot more traffic than we had. As to leaving the bike in the street, we always found places to stay that had off street parking. I would imagine you would be OK if you were within hearing distance of the alarm. Have a good ride. Looked at your ride reports and obviously you've already had some good ones.

Nice report, Thor. I think you captured the spirit of Greece, especially in the photos of food. ;)

What a difference a couple of weeks made in Ofenpass!

Archived