IGNORED

Anyone know anything about 1986 Honda VFR750F?

hopz

Still looking for a casual, older second bike for run-about duty.

The VFR's seem to have a better riding position than the CBR's, better that is for an old fart. Can anyone comment on this breed?

ShovelStrokeEd

Solved long ago with new parts from the factory.

The bike is nearly an icon amongst VFR cognoscenti. Make sure you put a pipe on it, although the noise from the gear driven cams is nearly enough.

I remember wanting one pretty badly at the time.

From Cycle Magazine, June 1986:

0-60mph: 2.4 sec

Standing 1/4 mile: 10.95sec @ 113.95mph

Measured top speed: 151 mph

Not too shabby for a 1986 750.

I owned an '86 VFR750, but it had the all white bodywork from the VFR700. It was gorgeous! Awesome engine, had trouble keeping it off the rev limiter. Rode it from Charleston, SC to Greenville, SC

one night after work to see a young lady, then back the next morning to make it to work by 8:00 am. I was more impressed with the bike at 80-90 mph than the young lady. Handled quite well, if you looked there, you were there. Had no issues whatsoever mechanically, but I did my own maintenance. I will always remember that morning I woke up and looked out the window to check the weather, and did a double take, my bike had been stolen! Recovered it later, but had an '88 CBR1000 Hurricane by then. Loved that VFR...Very Fast Ride!!

SHIMHEAD

I was more impressed with the bike at 80-90 mph than the young lady.

At this stage, young ladies seem faster than that to me. :grin:

CoarsegoldKid

Those motors are strong and it should be a fine ride for ya. I have always like the power delivery of the V-4. The cam issues were really on the '84s and '85s and covered under warranty a long time ago.

The jerk asked for "No Phone Calls On Sunday"... (its a local to Utah thing).

Woke up on Monday ready to do the deal but it had been sold! I'll keep lookng.

Thanks for the input.

asked for "No Phone Calls On Sunday"... (its a local to Utah thing).

Woke up on Monday ready to do the deal but it had been sold!

BTDT

Archived