IGNORED

Arai Corsair V Helmet

Francis

In another thread I am asking about venting and noise reduction in a helmet. I ran across this helmet. What has been the experience on this board with this helmet in terms of noise and venting?

Is it a low noise helmet? Is the venting as good as the advertising would suggest? Can earphones and a mic be easily installed?

I ride with ear plugs all the time. I'm currently using a Schubeth S-1 helmet. Good noise reduction when buttoned up but poor venting.

Francis

Francis, I have 2 of them. I don't even wear ear plugs they fit me so well. And yes, my hearing is still very good. Problem is all heads are different/all I can say is they are great helmets.

Venting is good/no idea about the mike ?

Francis, I have an 8 year old Corsair that was just replaced. The venting is good but in my experience it is a noisy helmet. I have always worn ear plugs and mandatory for me and the Corsair.

I had an Autocom headset installed so no problem there. You will probably find the Arai less roomy than the Schuberth but still comfortable, for me any way.

If you have a Arai head they fit well. As for noise on the R12RT it's noisier they the Quantum it replaced but when riding my old Kawasaki with no fairing it's one of the quietest helmets I ever tried. The RT windshield must be directing most of the air to the helmet vents and creating the extra noise.

Archived