IGNORED

Roady II vs Delphi XM 2 Go

dcweber

Anyone using the new Delphi 2 go unit with an autocom setup? Does the portable unit have the required volume? My understanding is you have to purchase some sort of pre-amp to use the Roady II. I'm trying to decide which unit to us on a bike with no existing system. Trying to avoid the additional wiring/placement of the pre-amp. Any feed back greatly appreciated.

Roady II works fine as is with autocom. No experience with the Delphi XM2go.

I actually had to read the instructions to turn the Roady volume down, it was so loud through the autocom

I have the XM2Go on my R12RT and use it with my Autocomm. Works great. I bought an antenna with a 2' cord to eliminate all the clutter. Just got the 12volt hook-up today. So far I've been using it on the internal battery.

I have an XM/2GO into an Auto-Com. useing a hoon mount on the clutch master cylinder. This also leaves room for cell phone velcrowed to the same mount. The radio Is loud and clear and can store up to five hours of music. Leon

Was planning to add my Roady2 this weekend...

Where'd ya find a 2' antenna? I've only been able to find 20'+ ones locally...

It's your money -- spend it as you wish.

However, why spend $35 on an antenna. If you buy a Roady 2 for < $40 it includes an antenna that has way too much wire. With the Hoon Hardware mount, you can just bundle that wire behind the unit.

Here are three bad pictures of my installation of an XM Roady 2.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/pictures?a=67b0de21b30c045925ba&sid=8EYt3DVmxZv8g

In the picture file XM3 you can see the extra antenna wire bundled behind the holder.

I attached a Radio Shack in-line volume control, which is velcroed under the holder. You can see it sagging in the second picture. I have since discarded the velcro and just used double-sided tape, which works much better.

I listen with Etymotic er6i in-ear headphones, which work very well.

I put the gas tank back on before I got the camera out

so you can't see the power attachment. Basically, I used the Roady's cigarette plug and I bought a female cigarette socket at Radio Shack. I attached this to a switched power source, wrapped it in duct tape, and stuffed it next to the battery.

Archived