IGNORED

Florida Bound???

MrHondamatic

MrHondamatic

The wife and I are planning a trip to the Florida panhandle in mid October. We are looking for suggestions on a place to stay in the Ft. Walton Beach/Panama City area. We want something beach front, with good motorcycle parking. We will only be there for about 2 nights before we head back north, so it has to be some place short term like a Hotel/Motel.

We are taking 3 days to wander down, and 3 to come back. The trip itself is the vacation, with a Florida layover. And I do plan on doing the Barber museum on one of the legs.

Any suggestions will be considered and appreciated.

Make sure and check your dates NOT to coincide with the Thunder Beach rally in Destin. It gets crowded there and speads all over the coast.

I would probably go to Apalachicola and stay along the river there. It's a neat little town, great sea food and in some cool historic parts of Florida.

If you're an aviation fan at all, you're not terribly far from the Museum of Naval Aviation at Naval Air Station Pensacola. The museum is simply stunning.

http://www.buccinn.com/

The Buccaneer Inn on St. George island is beachfront.

Restaurants w/in walking distance.

Beautiful beach.

St. George is a beautiful barrier island close to Apalachicola.

Map

http://gibsoninn.com/

The Gibson Inn in Apalachicola is on the National Registry of Historic places.

In small town w/a great restaurant at the Inn and others w/in walking distance.

Short ride over the bridges from here to St.

George Island.

This part of Florida is less touristy.

There is development but not the type of condoconglomerate you see over at Destin/Ft. Walton.

Less traffic, slower paced, great food, beaches that have been voted #1 in the world/usa at different times.

If you want to avoid the congestion/traffic mess of Destin et al, this part of the coast is the ticket.

Depending on whe you are here, we may be available to show you some roads and share a meal.

BEst wishes.

Archived