IGNORED

Multi-function switch

Slyder_Steve

Slyder_Steve

Greetings,

I'm removing my multi-function switch from the right handlebar--seems bit stuck. I'd hate to break something--any suggestions?

Thanks,

Slyder

ArthurKnowles

I've removed mine to replace it with the Euro switch, so if you hose it I have a replacement. :)

Seriously though. Start with the screw on the bottom. The switch part has a tab so you should be able to slide/lift/wiggle to get it to remove. Mine did easily. If you want to take the rest off, removing this component will provide access to the hex bolts too.

If you need more help than this let me know and I will go pull out my original to look at it and take a few pixs to show you where how it lines up.

Slyder_Steve

Art,

I've got it removed from the handlebar grip, but the electrical part is in the "grip" part. Seems like I'm going to break it removing it... The BMW manual says "remove from grip assembly". Thus, a photo would be very helpful.

Steve

ArthurKnowles

Steve,

I only noticed last night that you have the 1150. I have the 1100. I did look at the fiche and the parts appear similar, but the fiche also shows a change after 02 without an accompaning diagram. I tried to look for the BMW 1150 manual, but misplaced my link to that too.

But, I did go back to mine and after you remove the the screw on the electrical cover it comes off entirely without and additional wires going through the grip. All the wires are in the removable component. All it takes to remove this part is the single screw and then you slide it down to remove it.

Art

Archived