IGNORED

Wonder how they made that Mitsubishi Commercial?

Ken H.

You may have seen it, I think it’s for a Mitsubishi Lancer Coupe or something like that, where one is parked outside an apartment building and two people throw stuff out a second story window and it all bounces into the back of the car’s open hatchback.

I wonder how they made that commercial? Is it all CGI, or is someone really that good a staging real things to bounce to where they want them to? If the latter, I’ll bet it took a lot of takes!

This one?

I hadn't seen it.

Not sure about the veracity of this story, becuase it doesn't look to me like they're in a balcony...

Angus Wilson, Fuel’s 2D lead, observes, “After some careful discussion about how we were going to tackle this ad technically, Graeme decided to rehearse all the stunts with the real props to study their behaviour. This ensured the CGI elements rang true to the real action of boogey board or esky bouncing into a car boot. It also allowed us to test the water to see how much of the real prop footage we could use in the end commercial.”

This method seems to have paid off, resulting in a series of seamless transitions from real props to CGI elements that manage to capture the realistic and spontaneous ‘in camera’ feel.

russell_bynum
It's fake, she's far too cute to drive a Mitsubishi.

Linz :)

Its Australia...the wheel is on the other side of the car.

Gary in Aus

Quote "Its Australia...the wheel is on the other side of the car."

I would suggest that Linz is aware of that ,

Australia is in Australia ,

The commercial is running a lot in Canada, so I’ve been watching it closely and even in the front of the car shots it’s impossible to see which side the controls are on.

But, if you look in the background, there are other cars parked on the street and they seem to be parked in North American directions.

So I don’t know if there are different versions, or if it truly is an AU commercial, or if truly she does get to drive?

(Why am I wasting my energy on this anyway?)

....But, if you look in the background, there are other cars parked on the street and they seem to be parked in North American directions.

If you freeze-frame at 12 sec. you will find six cars on the right side of the road & one on the left side of the road.

All seven are pointing the same way.

Perhaps it's one way street with more slots on the right side :S

Geeze, I think I need a haircut :dopeslap:

Ah, very good. Now, when stepping through it can you see a plate on the car, just before they open the back? If so, can you tell from where?

Archived