IGNORED

Tech Daze in Jville

Knifemaker

Putting on a tech day June 27th.

Location: The Storage Zone...6299 Powers ave...Bay 181 across from the fire department (if we need them) Jacksonville Fl.

I will move the old bikes out of storage and we will work on the new ones...

Start time 8:00 am....Finish time...when were done...

Good selection of tools...bring your own fluids and parts and any speciality tools you may need....

Let me know if you are coming by.....

thanks Danny.......

Since you threatened me with bodily harm if I posted a "probably inn", I'll be there.

See folks..... it not that hard to convince Danny

Lone_RT_rider

Let me see if I can get away with being gone two weekends in a row. I was thinking about making Savannah on Friday night and then leaving very early Saturday morning and going straight to the event. It's possible.... let me check.

Lone_RT_rider
Well, if you're going to be in Savannah you can drag that slacker down with you...

Yeah, right.... Check the temps in Hell and let me know how cold it is. :rofl:

Calvin  (no socks)

I'll come for hour... Must work to support bike riding far from home... :grin: When is lunch?

I'm not so sure the NEF crew can handle the ST crowd. I sense a rumble in the works.

My money's on the ST bunch. :Cool:

Danny, some body will have to show the NEF bunch how it is done.

:thumbsup:

Should I bring the axe, for rocker end play adjustment?

:wave:

Danny, some body will have to show the NEF bunch how it is done.

:thumbsup:

Should I bring the axe, for rocker end play adjustment?

Absolutely! :rofl:

I'm not so sure the NEF crew can handle the ST crowd. I sense a rumble in the works.

My money's on the ST bunch.

So is mine....

Excellent timing as I'm due/overdue on maintenance.

Will be there to do valves, TBS, tranny and engine oil. Might take the plastic off before I head over.

Bill

I'll be ready for my 18,000 mile service on my 07 RT. Have never done anything like it before, not real mechanical minded, but I want to learn how to do it. Any chance someone can assist me. If not, I plan on attending to learn what I can. Pete and Tim - I'm in.

Almost 180 miles from my house.

With a stop will be 3 hours approx.

We could meet at rest area on I 10 or gas station at exit for US 19

over at Monticello.

My bike won't be needing service but I can bring a CarbTune.

What time?

Meet at 6?

I'll be ready for my 18,000 mile service on my 07 RT. Have never done anything like it before, not real mechanical minded, but I want to learn how to do it. Any chance someone can assist me. If not, I plan on attending to learn what I can. Pete and Tim - I'm in.

That's what Tech Daze are all about. Watch others work on their bike, & you work on yours while someone with experience coaches you.

Just be careful about whom you get for a coach. ;)

The hammers are ready......

Can someone advise me what I will need for an 18,000 mile service. Oil and oil filter is obvious, but what else is needed for a service? Should I be prepared to change the final drive fluid and replace the spark plugs?

tranny and final drive depends on miles since last change. annually or 12k miles is ok. bring some plugs...easy to check the condition of the current ones. may or may not need a change.

Spark plugs are due at 24K.

Rear drive and transmission oil should be changed every 12K.

Devon (Miller BMW) can fix you up with all the proper crush washers and oil needed, and he should have a list of what BMW recommends.

Air filter should be looked at, mine gets very dirty in 6K.

You should also carefully check your brake pads.

Pete,

How about the gas station at exit 225 (the US 19 exit)?

First gas on the right, just off I 10.

I think the road that intersects US 19 called Pafford st(?)

Easy off/on, facilities.

Lone_RT_rider

Well people, I guess I should of stayed at the probably inn. Something has come up and I am out. :( Next time I guess.

Shawn

Well people, I guess I should of stayed at the probably inn. Something has come up and I am out. Next time I guess.

Shawn

Bummer....We are going to miss you...Debbie wanted to say hi to you...

That'll be fine Tim. Which gas station??? There's a bunch there.

Pete,

When you exit, there is a motel, then the first gas station on the right (west side of 19). Don't know the brand but the first station.

If that is a bust, they are close enough together to see someone at the next station, I think.

We can PM cell phone #'s but I'm pretty sure I have yours and Ron's.

Bill,

No need to bring Torque wrench or the like is there?

I was going to tote a CarbTune and a Kissan signal minder if someone w/an 1100 or 1150 wants to add running lights and self cancelling signals.

My oil is recent and my tran/FD aren't due for another 4k so I'm just going to adjust my rondell's.

Tim,

That sounds fine. Pete and I are going to meet at 5:30 and then we will meet you at 6. I have your cell number. Mine is 510-2962 if you don't already have it.

Well people, I guess I should of stayed at the probably inn.

Shawn

Must....resist............ :grin:

We'll miss ya, Shawn.

Kissan signal minder if someone w/an 1100 or 1150 wants to add running lights and self cancelling signals.

uhhh....hello??? Call me and we'll discuss they terms!!! I guess we'll find ya.

Tim just bring yourself and guide that Tallahassee crew in...I have 1/2, 3/8, and 1/4 torque wrenches available for use....

never officially confirmed and just couldn't make it happen. of all the weekends this one has a full slate. have fun everyone.

What would be needed to do the valve adjustment (parts or tools)? I have never worked on a BMW before. I am going down to Miller's and get a new air filter also to install. Tim can I meet and ride over with you guys Saturday?

Thanks,

Brian

never officially confirmed and just couldn't make it happen. of all the weekends this one has a full slate. have fun everyone.

what a dumbass...thought it was last weekend....need to think on this.

Archived