IGNORED

Part Number for LH System Case

Aluminum_Butt

Aluminum_Butt

I'll spare you the details (and myself the embarassment dopeslap.gif), but the LH system case on my GT is no longer usable. The lid, locking mech, and gasket are all OK, but I'm going to have to replace the entire rear part of the box. I've got classifieds up in a couple of places, but expect I'll probably just end up ordering one from Chicago BMW.

The box itself is marked as "7 669 887", which ChiBMW does not recognize. I went on ascycles.com to look at their microfiche system, but it appears to show the RT boxes for all bikes, including GT, RS, and older GS.

Does anybody have the PN, or have any sources where I can find it? I'd much rather have that in my hand before I start trying to order it over the Internet. Just to be clear, this is the LH side which has to clear the muffler.

Also, removing the old lid and installing it on a new box is easy - just some pop rivets. But anybody got an idea on how to remove/reinstall the locking mech?

TIA!

Aluminum_Butt

I can't tell what exact picture you were looking at from the link, but I've attached the one I think it is (and the one I was looking at).

I know it says GT/RS, but it sure looks like the RT bag (no muffler space). Plus, there's no distinction between RH and LH - it just says "Quantity 2".

If you saw something different, please help me find it.

554829-untitled.thumb.jpg.dea5eb0f8a6318c566862a6cf88f6c20.jpg

Archived