IGNORED

Best site for tires?

themagicone

I've recently ordered tires through swmoto, derby cycles, and motorcycle-superstore. All satisfactory experiences.

The prices look really good on the Derby Cycles site but when I checkout there is no shipping added, 'Total' and 'Grand Total' figures are always the same. Is shipping free on all orders, or do they add whatever shipping charges they want to the order without telling you, or..?

Just ordered a set of PR2's last night. Motorcyle Superstore had the cheapest total price, at the expense of them taking an extra day or two to get here. SWmoto and Derby always had me my tires whithin two days of ordering. I always check all 3 and order from the cheapest.

Just ordered a set of PR2's last night. Motorcyle Superstore had the cheapest total price, at the expense of them taking an extra day or two to get here. SWmoto and Derby always had me my tires whithin two days of ordering. I always check all 3 and order from the cheapest.

I ordered mine a week or 2 ago from SWM. MSS was actually more for my PR2s.

Since SWM made good on a defective avon with 3K miles on it, he gets my business. I find MSS takes 7-9 days for my orders to arrive.

I find MSS takes 7-9 days for my orders to arrive.

That would be about right from OR to NJ, yet one should have new skins available WAY B4 actually needed!!

I got my ME 880s on ebay at different times over a 3 month period. If you have the time to look it can be worth it. The date codes were good also, but you never know for sure.

I live in Tucson and switched from swmototires to the local BMW dealer because their prices were better. Their webisite is: http://emototires.com/

Once swmototires sold out to the local Honda dealer, their prices went up.

Yep. Got my tires there also.

The best part is that supporting the site supports the BMW Dealer (Iron Horse) owner.

The prices look really good on the Derby Cycles site but when I checkout there is no shipping added, 'Total' and 'Grand Total' figures are always the same. Is shipping free on all orders, or do they add whatever shipping charges they want to the order without telling you, or..?

Derby went up about $20 bucks on the rear tire,+25 bucks shipping to AZ,$325,total,,,,Motorcycle supper store went back down,,$307 to the door,,,for PR2s
I live in Tucson and switched from swmototires to the local BMW dealer because their prices were better. Their webisite is: http://emototires.com/

Once swmototires sold out to the local Honda dealer, their prices went up.

Yep. Got my tires there also.

The best part is that supporting the site supports the BMW Dealer (Iron Horse) owner.

John is a good guy with a good crew. I just ordered a set from them as well.

AdventurePoser

Hey, thanks for the coupon code....got a set of Dunlop Roadsmarts for my R12RT for $244.00!

Score!!

Steve in So Cal

Went to MSS to order some Pilot Roads and got through the entire order process but did not see a place to enter the code you gave us. Am I missing something?

Bruce

AdventurePoser

I called them on their toll free line and simply gave the code verbally to the woman who took my order....an easy twenty saved!

Steve

Went to MSS to order some Pilot Roads and got through the entire order process but did not see a place to enter the code you gave us. Am I missing something?

Bruce

It's on the second screen in the checkout process, after you login or enter your info, but before you place the order.

Wow, their prices have gone up recently. Seems that they are now about $20-$30 more per set than a lot of the places I checked recently. I know a few people have mentioned them raising prices, I just didn't think it was by much.

Wayne

Wow, their prices have gone up recently. Seems that they are now about $20-$30 more per set than a lot of the places I checked recently. I know a few people have mentioned them raising prices, I just didn't think it was by much.

Wayne

I only compared SWMT to MSS. Since it was within a few $$, and the owner of SWMT was decent on that defective front Avon I had, I decided to give him the business. Had he not taken care of me in the past, I would not have bought from him again.

Wayne

I only compared SWMT to MSS. Since it was within a few $$, and the owner of SWMT was decent on that defective front Avon I had, I decided to give him the business. Had he not taken care of me in the past, I would not have bought from him again.

BINGO... A tip of my hat. Even though SWMT is under new owners, they have treated me well over issues. My new tires that I installed last week came from them.

MrHondamatic

I just bought a new Metzler Roadtec Z6 rear from Dennis Kirk. It was $153 and change, to my door. Other places (SWMT included) were higher and charged extra for shipping.

YMMV

Except that just FYI you didn't buy from him again. The SW Moto business was sold a few months ago to a local Honda dealership (upon which there was a coincidental raise in pricing.)

I was surprised to find that JC Whitney had conti road attacks for my R1200rt (Specific BMW fitment). $210.37 shipped to my home in approximately 3 days!! Don't forget to search for and enter their current promo code.

The SW Moto business was sold a few months ago to a local Honda dealership (upon which there was a coincidental raise in pricing.)

Tell me about it. I just ordered some new shoes for my Uly and found that Zabor's, a local establishment, can actually beat SW Moto's pricing. That never use to be the case.

Wayne

The SW Moto business was sold a few months ago to a local Honda dealership (upon which there was a coincidental raise in pricing.)

Tell me about it. I just ordered some new shoes for my Uly and found that Zabor's, a local establishment, can actually beat SW Moto's pricing. That never use to be the case.

Wayne

So just to make sure....the guy that helped me out last year with my Avon, is no longer the owner (I believe his name was Nick).

If this is the case, I wont feel the need to be loyal

Archived