IGNORED

Mufflers

Roho

What is a decent muffler for a 2008 R1200RT, that has a good sound ? Anyone bought one and your input please. I'm looking at laser or Remus..but have not actually heard one on an RT

What is a decent muffler for a 2008 R1200RT, that has a good sound ?

The one that came on the bike.

(But then you knew I was going to say that.)

Seriously, go to over to the Quiet Side.

Remus or Staintune with the baffle in place are just minimally louder than stock,take the baffle out and they are pleasant,but not annoying.

Be aware that the BMW twins have their own"unique"exhaust note,so listen to different systems if you can.

They will never be Ducati throaty!

JR356

Just put an akrapovic street legal on my 06 RT. Love the sound, just a tad louder at idle and no different sound level at 75 mph then stock. Had a staintune on my 03 r1150rt, a lot louder then akrapovic and did not come close to performance offered thru out power band. Would recommend, but be prepared for the price.

Their is another member selling a Leo Vince pipe, if you look back a few weeks. great price.

Marty

I think Vance & Hines makes a drag pipe for the RTs. Kind of loud but it really gets you noticed and all the H-D riders respect you as long as you don't wear a helmet or gloves. :lurk:

Paul Mihalka

"H-D riders respect you as long as you don't wear a helmet or gloves :lurk: "

Fingerless gloves are permitted... :grin:

Remus or Staintune with the baffle in place are just minimally louder than stock,take the baffle out and they are pleasant,but not annoying.

Be aware that the BMW twins have their own"unique"exhaust note,so listen to different systems if you can.

They will never be Ducati throaty!

JR356

The Staintune is not louder than standard with the restrictor in but has a much better note:

standard 88dba @ 3750 rpm

restrictor in 86dba @ 3750 rpm

restrictor out 90dba @ 3750 rpm

Ian

i would recommend the staintune ,one of my mates put it on his r1200rt ,but i prefer the standard system better .have got a honda cbr600fp with a harris pipe on it if i want a bit of noise1

The best combination appears to be full Remus sytem with a frk power module. Millage is improved roll on power is greatly improved and vibration is reduced in the 3500 - 5000 range. It has basicly transformed the bike.

The best combination appears to be full Remus sytem with a frk power module. Millage is improved roll on power is greatly improved and vibration is reduced in the 3500 - 5000 range. It has basicly transformed the bike.
At what cost $$$$$$$ Dollar per Horse power,,,,

The cost is high if you are after hp only....I picked up the Remus system used but still cost some dollars. I also have ohlins ...I guess I set my bikes up the way I want ...it is a transforming mod

ZACH exhaust. Compact and light with respectable sound which dont drive anyone nuts.

Ask you neighbors if they agree.

Chainsaw is louder

Pressure cleaner is louder

Industrail vac louder

Local kids dirt bikes louder

Tracker louder

Generator louder

Local express way louder

Rooster in the am louder

Most of the pickups much louder

HD much louder

Tree farms irragation system very loud

On and on .....,only complaints from this forum

Neighbors wife louder

And the list go on,,,,I have had no negitive comments except from some forum members. Police smile snd wave . It's like the people who believe wind/ solar power will save or nation.......keep printing money and all will be saved

Etc ........I understand this point

ZACH exhaust. Compact and light with respectable sound which dont drive anyone nuts.

My neighbor Mary is 88 years old,She hears my bike start up she runs out to see where im off to ,,She likes to hang out in my shop and watch me and my friends work on are bikes,,She even brings home made cookies ,,So I can say yes my neighbor agrees
Firefight911

My neighbor Mary is 88 years old,She hears my bike start up she runs out to see where im off to ,,She likes to hang out in my shop and watch me and my friends work on are bikes,,She even brings home made cookies ,,So I can say yes my neighbor agrees

And why have you not given her a ride!!!!! Now, THAT would be cool!

Believe me I have asked her a 100 times,,She just gets a Big smile on her face,Then she tells me she is to old to get on that thing,,,But maybe some day she well go for it,,,,,

Chainsaw is louder

Pressure cleaner is louder

Industrail vac louder

Local kids dirt bikes louder

Tracker louder

Generator louder

Local express way louder

Rooster in the am louder

Most of the pickups much louder

HD much louder

Tree farms irragation system very loud

On and on .....,only complaints from this forum

Neighbors wife louder

And the list go on,,,,I have had no negitive comments except from some forum members. Police smile snd wave . It's like the people who believe wind/ solar power will save or nation.......keep printing money and all will be saved

Etc ........I understand this point

Agree, I keep saying my Staintune with the restrictor in is quieter than stock, but a much much much better note it does not annoy anyone and puts a smile on my face, each to his own.

Ian

Archived