IGNORED

Adding Power Outlet

tlc

I plan to add a power outlet on the right rear side of my '08 RT. I have the factory outlet on the left side, and I want to add one to the right, powered by the battery. What is the best way to open the hole in the tupperware for the outlet? I hate to drill a hole, then realize that it's off-center (been there, done that)!

Drill a 1/8" pilot hole, then use a step bit (using the 1/8" to center the step bit) to progressively widen the hole.

Remove the seat and look back were the plug goes,You should see a circle in the plastic,,if so you can take the panel off and drill it from the back side,,Make sure you have the right size hole saw,,drill a hole in and old plastic milk container first,,I think its a 3/4" hole saw,,

gettysburg
Remove the seat and look back were the plug goes,You should see a circle in the plastic,,if so you can take the panel off and drill it from the back side,,Make sure you have the right size hole saw,,drill a hole in and old plastic milk container first,,I think its a 3/4" hole saw,,

I basically did the same thing. But I first drilled a small pilot hole from the back of the panel . I then used the pilot hole guide a flat blade wood boring bit when making the final hole When using the wood boring bit, I actually started from the painted side since those types of bits get a bit "grabby" when the bit comes out the other side. This way any rough edges would be on the unfinished side of the panel. Before drilling with the wood boring bit, I strapped the panel tight against a piece of scrap 2x8.

Archived