IGNORED

Accessory Outlet & GPS

dan90638

I connected my GPS to the accessory outlet using the adapter, and after about 3 hours of riding, it indicated that "Lost outside power source" and turned off automatically. The next time it happened, I opted to keep it on via battery power, but it still went off. When I tried the GPS in the car and by itself, it worked fine, so it's not the GPS. Is the adapter not working right, or does it have something to do with the voltage? Anyone have any experiences like this?

Fightingpiper

My zumo was just replaced because he contacts on bottom of it wore away and it stopped taking a charge from the cradle. Check your conacts, also clean the pins on the cradle.

Firefight911
My zumo was just replaced because he contacts on bottom of it wore away and it stopped taking a charge from the cradle. Check your conacts, also clean the pins on the cradle.

A good thing to do is to get some dielectric grease and run a film of it on/over all your contacts. It will help lubricate and exclude the elements. You can do this on all your connections, including the power, XM antenna, etc.

I've done it for yours and have had zero problems.

I already had a Nuvi 255 so I put it to the test. I realize it's not designed for the bike and I do wonder if the vibration affects its performance. But the R1200RT doesn't vibrate that much even with the boxer engine. I have a feeling it's a connection thing. I know the Zumo is the way to go, but I'm experimenting with the 255.

What I find interesting is that it took three hours before the GPS alerted you to external power lost. That indicates a loss of power at a later time.

I don't think you have a problem with the RT power sourse, but like 1bmwfan said, you have a connection problem.

Doesn't matter if you have a Nuvi, Zumo, or whatever. It's all about a clean connection.

I've done it for yours and have had zero problems.

Hey thanks man!!! Didn't even see you go into the garage.

Archived