IGNORED

Need advice on a BMW riding suit!

Ruddiger

Howdy All:

I was hoping that some of you could give me some info on selecting a multi-tasking riding suit that would best match my riding style.

I am looking for a BMW suit that I can wear as a coverall over my regular cloths, that is breathable, waterproof, offers excellent protection, and can also double as a rainsuit for when I go fishing and or camping (I plan on riding my bike to a number of my favorite destinations next year). Comfort and storage are a big plus.

Thus far I am considering the Ralleye 2, the Santiago, the Savanna 2 (if I can still find one) or the Commuter 3 suit. My build is 6'00 150 lbs if that helps in your reccomendations.

Thanks in advance for all of you help.

Sincerely,

Ruddiger

I am looking for a BMW suit that I can wear as a coverall over my regular cloths, that is breathable, waterproof, ....

Thus far I am considering the ... Santiago,

The Santiago is not waterproof, unless you add the expensive Gore-Tex liners. It breathes nicely. I consider it a warm-hot weather only suit, unless you add the expensive Gore-Tex liners.

I like mine very much, and I avoid riding in the rain. I would not add the waterproof liner to use it as a rain-suit off the bike, though. I guess I would consider the liners for rain riding if I had to.

Thanks for the reply!

No, it does not have to be a BMW suit but I would like it to match my bike. Also, I definetly want a two-piece suit that can be used as a jacket alone or pants alone depending upon my needs.

Either way I would go with the waterproof liner so that when I ride with the suit on I am already ready for rain and inclimate weather without having to carry a rainsuit or stop to put one one. As you know, space can be a premium and any space savings that I can make goes a long way.

I was told that the Rallye 2 is a great suit for what I want (storage, utility, breathable, waterproof, and lots of pockets) but I am concerned that the pants may be too form-fitting to serve as coveralls. Obviously I could order a larger size, but I dont want them so big that the CE pads don't fit properly.

I hope this helps to clarify my post.

Thanks,

Ruddiger

PS- I already have a leather jacket for riding around town and really don't want to accumulate too many riding outfits (they are expensive you know). Consequently, I would also like to be able to have enough room to wear some layers under the suit for colder weather riding, fishing, and camping. Thanks!

No, it does not have to be a BMW suit but I would like it to match my bike. Also, I definetly want a two-piece suit that can be used as a jacket alone or pants alone depending upon my needs.

that would be the Aerostich darien setup!

I'd like to add another vote for the Aerostich suits, not only for the quality and protection that they offer, but for Rider Wearhouse's excellent and friendly customer service!

To make a long story short, I had a little difficulty getting the sizing just right for my one piece Roadcrafter - finally winding up with a customized version that's perfect - just wonderful! I expected some hassles along the way, but the folks I spoke with on the phone were helpful, friendly and made the process as stress-free as possible. My orders from Rider Wearhouse have arrived very promptly, no mistakes or screw-ups. I'm very impressed.

Of course, nowadays, when a human being answers a business telephone, much less one who knows what I'm talking about and seems interested, it's such a relief, that I'm pretty easy after that.

clap.gifclap.gif

As for the suit, you want comfort, storage, ability to ride in the rain?, in a two-piece coverall type outfit?

GET A STICH! I can't imagine that you'd be disappointed, unless you ride a great deal in really hot weather.

Either the Roadcrafter or the Darien would work. Get one of their catalogs or go to the website and read up on 'em. smile.gif

Archived