IGNORED

NEW VOTE!! - The UnRally in Eureka Springs

Jake

UnRally II in Eureka Springs  

660 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That’s right, it’s round two for Un2! Please vote again!

You have spoken, and we are listening! Due to popular demand, we are including an October date, and a non-choice choice, just so we can hear from you lurkers! The July date is out due to lack of interest, and did anyone notice that September is really Summer? wink.gif

Events to keep in mind:

- Mayhem in the Mountains II May 29 – June 1

- Torrey (May)

- Americade - June 2-7

- The BMWMOA Rally is July 10-12

- The Falling Leaf Rally ’03 will likely be held the weekend following our October date cool.gif.

- Torrey (October)

Eureka Springs Weather Considerations:

Month /Avg High/Avg Low/Avg Rainfall

May/78 deg/55 deg/4.9”

Sep/81 deg/59 deg/4.1”

Oct/72 deg/48 deg/3.7”

Unique to May, is the height of tornado season, which runs from March – July. Eureka Springs is outside of “Tornado Alley”, but you might be riding through it to get there. Have a look:

map.jpg

Ominous huh? Where’s Toto? wink.gif OK, brush the dust off your mouse, and click on your pick! This poll will run until Monday, November 4th.

Early Oct sounds wonderful...except for folks who have to come across the Rockys. Oct 4th of this year I had to go around them so that I could avoid snow in the passes.

I'm up for any date for the second Un-Rally. For me this is the premier destination in 2003 and all others rides I take will be subservient to this one. It's just that much fun!

I am looking forward to meeting twice as many people as I met last July in Gunnison. And this time I'm not doing a SS1k while riding the nether world of Nebraska and Iowa in the sweltering heat of summer.....

Let's MOTOcolor=red>

Yeeha! Stephen

"Unique to May, is the height of tornado season, which runs from March – July. Eureka Springs is outside of “Tornado Alley”, but you might be riding through it to get there.

Where’s Toto? OK, brush the dust off your mouse, and click on your pick! This poll will run until Monday, November 4th."

What's all this talk about Tornados????

I've lived in Tornado country all my life and have only seen 6 or 8 of them!

tornadodn2.giftornadodn2.giftornadodn2.giftornadodn2.gif

I've never seen a tornado, but I'd kind of like to.

No, you wouldn't, at least not from the inside out like I did. Totaled my Ford w/ me inside. Not a fun night.

October is better, definately. The leaves won't be turning that early in the month, but if we wait any longer, the Yankees won't be able to get out of the garage. ...On second thought.........

All us Pie-Towners should probably challenge the Chi-Town Crew to a pie-eatin' contest. Whatta ya say?

Yeeha! Stephen

"All us Pie-Towners should probably challenge the Chi-Town Crew to a pie-eatin' contest. Whatta ya say?"

I say Yum, Yum!

Make me a Pecan Pie, or Sweet Potato, or Coconut Cream, or Apricot...Cherry...Apple...No! Wait!.... Pumpkin! Maybe even Egg Custard!

I'd better start practicing! Gotta go to the Store... Bye!

Brian Mc said: All us Pie-Towners should probably challenge the Chi-Town Crew to a pie-eatin' contest. Whatta ya say?

If you all are thinking about any kind of eating contests...you better be ready for the New Yawkers!! How many dirty-water dogs have you put down between cab rides?!?!?! smile.gifsmile.gif

venturevoodoo said How many dirty-water dogs have you put down between cab rides?!?!?!

Or, how many dirty-water dogs have you brought up between cab rides? laugh.gifpuke.gif

------------------

Chris (aka Tender Vittles),

Little '77 KZ400 in the Big Apple

Black '99 RT for Everywhere Else, such as...color=green>

canada75.gif

After being in two tornado's,you don't want to see one. The last one was a level 5,that tore up Moore Oklahoma. I had to help out in that one,and my wife,(children's ER) had to work it. Creepy things to see,and scary to be in...

What Kathy said. Unpredictable weather in the Rocky Mountain region in October...and in May for that matter.

Buried in the snow right now...<sigh>

It seems like someone didn't like the way the vote was going so they decided to hold another vote. I'm wondering if we'll have another vote if this doesn't turn out the way you wanted. You guys must be from New Jersey.

In reply to:

It seems like someone didn't like the way the vote was going so they decided to hold another vote. color=blue>

Do "pregnant" radio buttons count? wink.gif

Not at all Dave, I hope it doesn't look that way. A couple of events led to the re-vote:

1) The Mayhem dates were not known when the Un2 vote started. Once Mayhem dates were released, we (I) received e-mails from members in the East who had already voted, wanting to change their vote to make it to Mayhem. Unfortunately, in a poll-thread, that wasn't technically possible. We had a significant amount of votes at that time, so what affected a few who spoke up probably affected more who hadn't.

2) The original summer choice did not have significant interest despite its convenient timing to dovetail the BMWMOA National Rally. There was no way to reallocate those votes to a "second choice" since we don't know who cast them. Better to give them an opportunity to vote again, rather than discard their original pick.

3) I have been receiving e-mails requesting an October date, and the UnCommittee also discussed that October should be in the consideration. Judging by the early reaction in the new vote, it looks like many agree.

Not that you aren't wrong in your assessment! I AM from New Jersey (Summit, Princeton) I also lay claim to Florida and Chicago, so there's your answer on why I'm trying to create a vote controversy - I can't help myself! wink.gif

Hey, it's all good. We are all lucky to have these wonderful machines in our garages, and like-minded people to play with on the board, not to mention that we will swill and share lies with each other at Un2. If my California/OR/WA friends beat me up and say they cannot attend in October due to snow in the passes, I won't hesitate to throw it out for consideration even if it wins hands down. We want everyone to have an opportunity to make the UnRally. Hope to see you there.

All us Pie-Towners should probably challenge the Chi-Town Crew to a pie-eatin' contest. Whatta ya say? color=blue>

I'm IN if it's a pie throwing contest!

yOU dO kNOW that one of the premier riding rally tags the rear of the Oct 7-9 Un-Rally. What a perfect opportunity to hit both of them....Go to the Un..then roll up to Potosi MO for More or as they say in southern MO....'Mo'

I like either the Sept or Oct dates...

Let's MOTO 8^)

I have to chime in on this Tornado information. I ride all the time in Tornado Alley. Tornados are not wide spread events. They affect a very small area when they happen. They are very easy to avoid when riding since you can go around the areas or wait for the warning to pass (a couple of hours at the most).

This Tornado issue may be scaring more people away from May then it should. It is pretty much a non issue in my book. If it was an issue I would never ride were I live. I think a bigger issue is the Snow or freezing rain. Both possible in October (and May and September as well).

Also I should point out that at "Falling Leaf" last year a town not to far away was heavyly damaged by a Tornado. The only reason I point this out is that it really does not matter when you ride in the midwest we get Tornados - Do not base your choice on this issue.

On the other hand Snow and Ice tend to be more wide spread and can affect the ability to ride for a much longer period of time. I have seen snow covered passes as early as September(and as late as June). As for me I do not have to ride over a pass to get to the Springs but some of this group will. I would hate to see a large group stuck on the western Slope of the Rockies and not able to make it to the event.

Dakota Dave Said:

"I have seen snow covered passes as early as September(and as late as June)."

"I would hate to see a large group stuck on the western Slope of the Rockies and not able to make it to the event."

You are right about one thing, The weather is unpredictable, so unless a summer date is chosen, either the Spring or the Fall dates are a crap shoot for the North to Central Westerners for snow conditions.

But since not too many want the unbearable heat of summer we are still left with trying to decide between "All" the suggested dates.

I am sure Jake has checked the websites which hold all the historical weather averages for the area chosen , and picked the appropriate time frames that would allow for the best chances of success at weather for dates picked.

We are now back to what works best for "YOU" when voting on your date. Check the old weather reports for where you live and the areas you will be travellig through, and make an informed decision based on what works for YOU.

Hopefully the weather will work with us for whatever date is chosen and the UnRally will be an event to remember. I can't wait!! smile.gif

In reply to:

All us Pie-Towners should probably challenge the Chi-Town Crew to a pie-eatin' contest. Whatta ya say?

Now are you trying to turn this into a WING rally? (Eating)

"Now are you trying to turn this into a WING rally? (Eating)"

Well, no, but here's a thought: Losers of the pie-eating contest (most assuredly Chi-Towners) have to ride home on a 'Wing? laugh.gif

The Vulcan Riders and Owners Club (VROC) holds their national reunion in Eureka Spring in early October. They don't have specific dates on their website for 2003 yet, but it was during the first week of October the past two years. Might need to make hotel reservations early if we choose the October date.

EricR

I was not trying to steer any one away from the early spring or Fall dates. I was trying to point out that weather is unpridictable and not to focus to much on either snow or toronados. Both are possible and both are unlikeley. I think the only weather statistic we know for sure is the summer is HOT!

• 2 months later...

No you really don't want to see a tornado. It blew the front of the trailer house off that we were hiding behind. At least the bikes didn't get hurt. The people on the other hand were pretty banged up. I guess I should've stayed with the bikes.

Archived