IGNORED

Follow up-Nightmare problem R1200RT

RodB

I’ve just completed running 4700 Km (7 day trip + 2 day trip) since I got my bike back from the dealer. The engine is running great, as it should. The bike still has other issues, like most of the other 12RT owners in this forum: (horn, temp gauge, fuel gauge, oil level gauge) but will wait till BMW comes up with a fix for these problems. To me, the first important priority would be the horn problem. If the computer closes the circuit after a 1.5 second blast, it is not really practical in some situations to have to stop on the side of the road and restart (reboot) the bike to get the horn going again. It is a serious safety issue.

BMW Canada and my dealer have both apologized (to my satisfaction) for the not so speedy cycle of diagnostic/repair of my problem.

My dealer-Atlantic Motoplex, is going through a learning curve on the BMW line of motorcycles. They are presently moving to a new and bigger building and are getting extra personnel, in order to improve their overall service.

As was mentioned in the “Nightmare problem” thread, I basically don’t have many choices of other dealerships that I can turn to, but, I now have good expectations of future transactions with them.

Rod

I am not aware of any problems with the temp guage on these bikes. As I mentioned in another thread, I have never been able to reproduce the horn problem on my own R12RT. I am familiar with the other problems you mentioned, but have not found them to be a big deal.

I agree that it is great machine.

Jay

I agree with you Rod. The bike is fantastic and the problems are not so large that BMW cant supply a fix.

Mr BMW, if your listening, DO SOMETHING !!!!!

Archived