IGNORED

Great Satelite imagery available free

johnlt

There is a really neat satellite imagery application that is available from Google. It is call “Google Earth (www.earth.google.com). It has outstanding imagery of most of the earth, especially USA. There are different resolutions available for different areas so I looked in Tucson where I recently bought a second home. It has one foot resolution imagery of that area. That is really outstanding and use to only be available to the intel community. The free application that you can download will allow you to zoom in, rotate, tilt etc., it’s a full 3D application. Really quite powerful. The data are very recent in the case of Tucson as it has my house on it and it was just build less than 2 years ago. It also allows you to overlay roads and borders/boundaries from a mapping database. I looked in the Mexico area for Creel and it is there but at a lower resolution so you can’t see individual buildings. Check it out, it’s really quite nice and free of course.

johnlt

It has much more detailed, up to date info for large cities. We built our house 4 years ago and we still aren't on the image or on the map!

Still a lot of fun to take a trip and never leave the farm. grin.gif

Yes. I've heard that the image is approx. 5 years old.

A funny thing though. If you actually save a personal place on the map and go back to view it about two weeks later, the pin marker has moved!

Is the world realy spinning?? grin.gif

It has one foot resolution imagery of that area

At this resolution you should be able to see yourself out in your back yard mowing!! thumbsup.gif

Archived