IGNORED

Tankbag Preference

ndfellow

Electronic Kit?  

288 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What bag do you like best?

Which Model of that bag?

Do you have the electronic kit in your bag?

I have a R1100RT

Sorry for the confusion the first time. dopeslap.gif

I ride a '04 RT. I have an "Engage-Touring" Quick-Lock Tankbag for SW-MOTECH Gascap Mounting System" with map holder. There is also an optional GPS holder integrated to the bag. http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2131/441/

I have not tested the bag rigorously, but I like it so far. Pros: 8l, compartments for accessories, hard sides, sleek design, material feels durable, does not touch the tank or the horn, easy refueling (not quite as easy as a Big Mak, but no semi-permanently affixed platen).

Cons: Not a lot of independent (user) reviews, installation manual could be clearer

Mixed: Installation requires drilling into the bag to achieve a customized positioning of the bag.

Goji

I have the BMW tank bag only cause I included it in purchase price. It's 90% O.K. but I've seen better. I just haven't bought one. Anyone using the FAMSA?

I had a bad experience with a Chase Harper bag.

On a Euro tour I had stabilize it with my thighs (it was a strap down.)

On a 50CC the wind blew the velcro top flap open and I lost logs - maps etc.

I told the owner and he said , "Well if your going to go over a hundred miles an hour, no bag is going to work."

With an attitude and a product like that, I don't have to say another word.......

frown.gif

Wolfman, fits both my R1150RT and R100GS. Nice to be able to move the bag and all the needed junk in the bag from bike to bike.

I have the Chicane bag. I like it, easy to pop on and off. Nice large main area, I keep my MP3 in the small top compartment. One of the coolest parts is the rain cover, that is built into the front and is attached so it can not come off. I have pulled in on while riding with one hand with no problem. I am happy with it.

Casey

Archived