IGNORED

Slower than most---Torrey pics

bes

Nice shots, Barry. Brings back great memories. Especially those of the vertical red walls down in the canyons of the John Burr Trail. Reminds me I've still got a few of those shots in my camera that I need to download.

Oh, Barry! Those shots took me right THERE. The red rock. And yes, I have a picture of you taking a picture too! laugh.gif What a wonderful place. I cannot wait to go back, when there is no snow in the passes smile.gif with a fully lubricated throttle cable smile.gif

Great snaps Barry, thanx for sharing. Love the one of Leslie, Jamie and I. Those are great folks.

Mr. Brian, Spring Torrey is but 7 short months and a little thawing away. Bring it. Ride to Chicago, hook up with the Krew. Let them be your beacon into the land 'o the hoons. We'd love to have you. It'll also give you a chance to visit your old seat. It's on Barrys bike now. He loves it.

Oh Barry,

Fantastic pics!!

I don't think I have ever seen photos that have done such a great job of sweeping me up and taking me right back into the spirit of the experience.

Thanks so much!

Very good pics. You do a much better job of capturing the feeling of that place than I do.

For those even tempted to go, YOU MUST GO. You will not be disappointed. Last time even the Del Taco guy was seen there. tongue.gif

russell_bynum

In reply to:

Last time even the Del Taco guy was seen there

Hey! I resemble that remark! smile.gif

Barry...dude...amazing pictures. They're just exactly what I needed today.

Is it time for May Torrey yet?

Barry, What he means to say is that he needs to go back to see the place again because he 'forgot' what it looks like.

I like that excuse. Sorry honey, I have to go to Torrey this week because I can't remember what it looks like.

How about, Sorry Honey, I have to go out with these 22 year old hotties because I can't remember what it is like to date them.

hmmm.. That may even work. I'll try it tonight at home and report back.

a

Those are truly gorgeous images, Barry. You did some great work there.

I note "Torrey Disciple" in your sig line. It's not hard to become a diciple of Torrey, is it? Our gatherings there are filled with superb riding, some Hoonery, lots of socializing, spending time with the wonderful residents, and dining and eating. I'll bet it takes our average rider at least two visits to get through this incredibly fulfilling routine we share to be able to take the time to really and truly take in this awesome half of Utah. You managed to do it the first time. Wow.

Just a few hundred yards from pavement lay some of the most awesome scenes your eyes can feast upon. In the way the creeks of the Smokies seem to give orders of magnitude more life to that already stunning scenery, so to do the creeks, streams, and rivers of Utah. An hour spent at some point down a smooth stone road begins to reval a spirit the just seems to raise up the surface of the land. There's an inescapable sense of astounding presence in each place I've taken the time to visit... and realy take in.

My rides to Utah have become Visits. I love so much to Ride, and ride well over the magnificent landscapes Utah's exemplary highways traverse. Yet I'm finding it easier and easier to come early to Torrey, or to stay late, and Stop. Not many roses here to smell. But, there's more to take in than a lifetime allows.

Thanks for opening up some of that to us all.

Archived