IGNORED

Eureka! It's the UnRally 2003 Make-A-Date Poll

Jake

UnRally 2003 Make-A-Date Poll  

693 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Eureka Springs area offers beautiful twisty roads in which to enjoy throughout the riding season. The tricky part was to determine which time is best for all. The three dates chosen below are largely shaped due to the following notable events that will likely affect the vacationing BMWRT member for next year.

Early May Rainy Season Risk

Memorial Day Holiday (May 26th)

Mayhem Event

Americade, Saratoga Springs (June 2-7th)

July 4th Holiday

BMWMOA Rally, Charleson, WV. (July 10-13)

August Heat and Humidity!!!

Labor Day Holiday (September 1)

October 1 – Mountain Pass Weather Risk

Certainly there are other regional rallies which can either clash or collaborate depending on your point of view or your geographical location. If the dates coincide with your favorite local event, you can send the tomatoes my way!

Feedback from the post-Gunnison group was that two days wasn’t enough, and mid-week days are best to allow more weekend time travel to and from. Great ideas, so we included ‘em.

Spring in the Springs: May 20-22, Tue-Thucolor=blue>

The rainy season in AR is largely over by the end of May, and is usually confined to parts south and East of Eureka Springs. Those attending Mayhem would also like to attend Americade, so Mayhem is scheduled toward the end of the month. Memorial Day offers riders an additional day of riding home should you wish to extend Spring in the Springs.

Summer in the Springs: July 7-9 Mon-Wedcolor=blue>

Yep, it ain’t a dry heat, but picking the days just prior to the BMWMOA Rally a scant 819.8 miles away is just too compelling to pass up. Since the previous Friday is July 4th, you can trade your sparklers in for a free riding day to take full advantage of your Summer in the Springs.

Fall in the Springs: September 2-4, Tue-Thucolor=blue>

Not to influence anyone, but this could be a crowd favorite as it provides the Mayhem folks a rest between rallies, keeps the ‘Stich from Summer swelter (if you're lucky), and takes advantage of another day off as Labor Day is that Monday. Many of the kidlins will be back to school and off the roads, with the happy campers and their RVs all tucked away nice and snug, leaving you with freedom in your Fall in the Springs.

OK – it’s up to you. Time to get out the vote! cool.gif

Just to update everyone on the Mayhem II dates, they'll be May 29-June 1 in Saratoga Springs NY.

Sorry I haven't been able to post anything more formal yet, but I will by the weekend.

Mayhem was such a blast this year, it would be a real shame to see the unrally competing with it next year. I know the may dates are ahead in the polls, but I think any of us who were at Mayhem this year would be sorry to have to make a choice. The two events are a little over a week apart. It is likely there will be many who can't make both and will have to choose. If both events were happening in the same week it might present a better opportunity for many RT.com members.

It was also a shame to have to make a choice between the Unrally and the national this year. Many of us could not make both events because of time/distance issues between the two rally sites. Next year we have a unique opportunity because the national rally site is only a saddle sore ride away from the Unrally site. That makes it possible for at least half of the country to attend both events in one week. Unfortunately the July dates are currently losing in the polls.

September wouldn't be bad either, as it doesn't seem to conflict with anything.

Just my $.02

Later in September might be a better time, so it doesn't conflict with Land of Enchantment Rally, or local club Labor Day rides. Also, it'll be cooler, and the leaves might actually be starting to change.

That suggests having it even later (it don't snow in dem passes 'til winter wink.gif ), but that would likely conflict with Shiloh and Falling Leaf.

Sept. The motel rates will be down,and all the other rallys will be over. One last get together. I have a FFB meet in Ken Lake, Kentucky in June for another board I am a member on. They are all HD riders. Only one guy fron Texas,and myself are converts....We catch *&^%,but we like it!

Lone_RT_rider

My vote for time frame is definitely mid-May'ish. Early May is till a bit cold for us northerners (we have seen snow in Michigan in May) and late may get's too close to tourist season with memorial weekend and all. Mid may sounds like the ticket to me. Besides, that will give us at least a couple of months to recover from the trip to Disney world in March...... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

On to Un2! Wooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Shawn

Our local club has it's rally in mid May, but hopefully the two won't conflict (or worse, be back to back weekends...the wife would never go for that!)

I miss the fall back home. Would love the end of Sept. and hang around for a try at the Falling Leaf Rally, again.

Am also "planning" on being at the National, so the air-conditioned trailer could be a nice haven.

The results look like the elections in my state to close to call. Looks like summer is the independent party. Strong position but little support. Most people seem to recognize that the summer is hot. Fall and Spring are great. Fall is a long way off for me so I am still hoping for Spring.

Has the voting gone electoral? Just curious, at 8.48am Tuesday the bar graphs for the vote tallies are all even, while the numbers and percentages are not ... puzzled.gif

------------------

Chris (aka Tender Vittles),

Little '77 KZ400 in the Big Apple

Black '99 RT for Everywhere Else, such as...color=green>

canada75.gif

In reply to:

When was Tornado season? I'd like to shoot for May.....buuuuuuttttt

Folks, you might want to become informed on this question... May is smack-dab in the middle of tornado season, and yes, Arkansas is parked in "Tornado Alley."

I don't want to wait too long either, but fall seems like a better time to be there.

D -

Actually, Arkansas is not really in the true "Alley", but it's close! I'll be putting up another post soon to move this process along, as well as providing info regarding the weather considerations. Stay tuned!

Archived