IGNORED

R1200RT Rear Accessory Plug

Tourbike

Under the rear seat, near the accessory plug hole, there's a two conductor female plug. Is this the power for the rear accessory plug that's available as an option?

Haven't done it myself yet, but it certainly does look easy.

Assuming you can get hold of one, of course. My dealer has had mine on order for over a month now.

Maybe there is a Hella version? Anyone?

The ones from powerlet or poweroutlet something like that are a perfect fit. I decided to run the rear to the battery so I don't have to worry about the computer shutting it down. Also makes a nice place to connect a battery tender if you don't have or want the BMW charger.

John Bentall
I decided to run the rear to the battery so I don't have to worry about the computer shutting it down. Also makes a nice place to connect a battery tender if you don't have or want the BMW charger.

I've done the same!

I installed a rear outlet in mt RT. First remove the rear rack,tail lamp assy and clip the wire tie securing the connector. The right angle plug goes in easy enough but the nut will have to be forced over the connector on the plug sort of thread it on.and assemble in reverse. Cost is $25.00 U.S. Current will remain on for a short time after the ing. is switched off.

Archived