IGNORED

CDROM Service Manual for R1200RT

Tourbike

Has anyone purchased the CDROM service manual for the R1200RT?

How is it?

[edit: removed portion of post that was an advertisement]

I really like the R12RT maintenance cd. It is an improvement over the one for the 1150 GS. The cd also covers the R12GS. Both American and European models.

Ernie thumbsup.gif

Ordered mine through the dealer. I believe it was about $125. I have a feeling that BMW wised up to downloading a copy of there CD's on line. I copied the 1150GS cd to my hardrive with no problems, but was unable to with the new R12RT cd. It does sound expensive but worth the price when doing your own servicing and maintenance.

Ernie

Ernie I run the new manual from my hard rive. I created a folder and copied the entire contents of the CD to the folder and run it from there by clicking the correct icon (actually I created a short cut to the icon on my desktop). I think the older versions allowed you to copy just the pdf file in the language you wanted.

I couldn't see any way to order from the link you posted. Anyone successfully order from this link?

Joe

It seems you can get it from Motobins, for a lot less. Click here

"CD REPAIR MANUAL R-MODELS K2X D/GB/F/E/I/NL/P 1 01797695182 $45.86 "

Sorry, didn't spot this bit on the front page:

Important Notice: this web site cannot be used for ordering parts right now.

There is no date set for when this site is going to be up and running.

All I can say is that it will definitely be more than 6 months.

The prices will be changed once that happens and the actual prices will be posted.

Currently the prices on this site don't really mean much, they and provided for reference only.

Expect 20-30% higher prices at your dealer.

My bad.

Archived