IGNORED

Utah High Passes Update - Some Openings Tommorow

Twisties

Just thinking about the roads for us locals, as well as anyone thinking about riding UT around the Torrey event or the World Superbike race.

From UT DOT (I added boldface to the roads about to open):

# S.R. 39 Monte Cristo (east of Ogden) - projected to open on May 22.

# S.R. 65 East Canyon (northeast of Salt Lake City) - projected to open on May 7.

# S.R. 190 Guardsman Pass (Brighton to Park City) - due to recent snowfall in the area a projected opening date is unavailable.

# S.R. 150 Mirror Lake Highway (Kamas to Wyoming border) - due to recent snowfall in the area a projected opening date is unavailable.

# S.R. 35 Wolf Creek Pass (Francis to Hanna) - projected to open on May 7.

# S.R. 92 American Fork Canyon/Alpine Loop - projected to open the first week of June.

# S.R. 153 Mount Holly Junction (east of Beaver) - projected to open on June 17.

# S.R. 148 Cedar Breaks (east of Cedar City) - projected to open on May 20

Not included on this list is the Nebo Loop. I called the Uinta National Forest today and they will not project an opening date at this time.

UT-31 Fairview/Huntington Canyon is open but currently listed as 4wd/chains advised. I expect it to clear shortly, within a day or so.

UT-12 Bryce to Torrey, including Boulder Mountain, is listed as dry.

Wow! you caught my brain waves and did the research. Thank You!

Are you going to have the computer with you on your pre-Torrey ride and are you able to post updates? If not, and if you want to call me, I can post for you.

Are you going to try Huntington on your southbound leg?

Limecreek

Thanks for posting these Jan...we'll be in your neck of the woods in 3 weeks and want to sample some of the local loops.

• 1 month later...

* S.R. 153 Mount Holly Junction (east of Beaver) - projected to open on June 24.

Open through Fall 2009

* S.R. 39 Monte Cristo (east of Ogden)

* S.R. 65 East Canyon (northeast of Salt Lake City)

* S.R. 190 Guardsman Pass (Brighton to Park City)

* S.R. 224 Guardsman Pass (Park City to Midway)

* S.R. 150 Mirror Lake Highway (Kamas to Wyoming border)

* S.R. 92 American Fork Canyon/Alpine Loop

* S.R. 35 Wolf Creek Pass (Francis to Hanna)

* S.R. 148 Cedar Breaks (east of Cedar City)

Anyone ridden UT-153 east of Beaver? Looks like it might be fun, if it ever opens.

UT-153

It looks also like Nebo loop is either open or partially open. Most likely open.

Time to ride!

OK now you've got my attention. That looks like one fun road, I may have to pick up a new sleeping pad and a new scheme to escape the home front for a few more days.

OK now you've got my attention. That looks like one fun road, I may have to pick up a new sleeping pad and a new scheme to escape the home front for a few more days.

Give the guy a taste of UT,now he wants MORE,MORE,MORE!

Don't worry,I've got the habit myself.Have been riding over there 4 out of the last 5 years.

JR356

Nebo is open. I rode it last Saturday. I know, I know, you don't believe that I actually got out for a ride, but the stars aligned and I got the green light from my lovely wife to go while she chased the kids around to thier various activities. Wished she had come with me though.

On the Nebo loop, there was still snow covering 1/2 of the road, but we made it past without incident. Although it was chili up top. Down to 43 degrees.

I've been in love with southern Utah, like Zions, Brice, the Duck Creek/Panguitch area for some time now. I naver spent much time off the 15 or the 70 anywhere else in the state though, and now that I've seen an infantesimaly small portion of the area suuronding Salt Lake I no longer wonder why the Mormans settled the area. Now that the "church" is lightening up and coming to grips with the rest of the US a bit I can see myself spending alot more time exploring the state, and not feeling like the locals are looking at me like a leper for the most part helps.

Archived