IGNORED

BMW GEARS program

Randall Sanborn

Randall Sanborn

Is anyone familiar with the GEARS program offered at the BMW rallys? I'm 24 and considering going to Tenn this year with my R1100R and attending GEARS. My age is a little on the high end, and was curious if anyone here knows someone who has gone, if they had a good time, and what the average age of attendees was.

Link to Camp Gears

You can also contact

Voni or Paul Glaves: glaves@bigbend.net or call Tammy at the BMW MOA (636) 394-7277.

From the MOA website

Camp Gears Tennessee will be a fun, educational camp for young riders of any brand motorcycle ages 16 through 26 sponsored by the BMW MOA Foundation. It will be held on Tuesday, July 14 and Wednesday, July 15, immediately preceding the rally. Young riders who attend Camp GEARS (Gaining Early Advanced Riding Skills) receive two free days of training and fun, and also receive FREE ADMISSION to the BMW MOA Rally.

I have never been but I have seen posts from riders that have attended and they all had a good time and and got some good advice and info.

Randall Sanborn

Thank you John. I'd read the promotional material, but am a little uneasy with things like that. Was hoping to get some insight from people who'd been in the program or know those who have. It's encouraging to hear that there have been positive reviews. You wouldn't know on what site you'd seen those reviews, would you?

The things I saw were in the BMW ON magazine after the last couple of rallys. I do not remember which issues. There were also a couple of things at the MOA forums.

Archived