IGNORED

Please help me identify this part (ABS pressure modulator)

dso

I purchase an ABS pressure modulator for 2002 (production month is March) BMW R1150RT for someone oversea. The problem is that it does not fit the bike.

The following are pictures of the new and old parts. The obvious thing is the connector is different. Can someone tell me which connector you have on your R1150RT?

1150rtabsoldnewplug9co.jpg

1150rtabsoldnewwhole6ib.th.jpg

The part number I bought is 34 51 7 685 787. The part number listed in online fiche is 34 51 7 667 322. According to the BMW dealer who I bought this from, the later (34 51 7 667 322) is no longer available and superseded by the one I bought. Is it possible that different countries may have different connector on such component?

David

Did you purchase it for someone overseas with a 2002 model? If so, the overseas 2002 model may be considered a 2003 model here, and there were some changes made in 2003.

Every '02 - '04 R1150RT I've seen has the connector in the top photo (the black one).

Thank you. That is very helpful and the repair mechanic says the same thing.

Did you purchase it for someone overseas with a 2002 model? If so, the overseas 2002 model may be considered a 2003 model here, and there were some changes made in 2003.

The date I give to the BMW dealer is the production date so there should not be any confusion.

Archived