IGNORED

Beatle's gone

dshogman

I guess this is the place to bare your heart over the loss of a close friend, even if it is "only" a dog. Beatle died yesterday morning only 4 days after being diagnosed with heart disease, a significantly enlarged heart caused by MVD, mitral valve disease. We know now that his disease was very far along.

I knew all along what a great heart he had, what he gave to me through our 9 years of traveling around the country together. I just did a quick count and in those 9 years, he traveled with me through 38 states; yes, he pooped and peed in 38 states.

For those of you without a dog in your life, please read the Rainbow Bridge to see how we feel, and for those with a dog, you can read it also as you give your best friend a hug for Beatle and I.

I had forgotten how much it hurt...... You can see him in my avatar, with his favorite toy, giving me the "raspberry."

Thanks for listening.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Please accept my deepest condolences.

We just lost our little emperor last week-it sure leaves a bit hole in your life (all out of proportion with the size of the pet).

Les is more

Dogs can give such great comfort, affect our personalities, enrich our families, bring warmth, love, laughter and unfortunately tears into our lives.

What great times you had with Beatle. I'm sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear of your loss,Every time I louse a good friend ,I go out at night a pick a star for them,That way they well be with me forever, :cry:

Firefight911

Sorry for your loss. A pet is just as loved as any other member of the family.

May time soften the pain and enlarge the memories.

Nice n Easy Rider

David,

As someone who has had several dogs to love and eventually lose I know that words don't help much but my condolences on your loss of Beatle. He was obviously a great friend and traveling companion.

David - your post really rocked me. It's been 8 years already since we lost our cherished shepherd Trane. We live rural so were able to bury him in special shady place on the property. Kath likes to go there to sit and read - that was a favourite past time of theirs. His passing is noted in our "passages" book right along with lost family and friends. I / we understand and feel your loss. All the best.

Paul D.

Kathy S.

ericfoerster

This truly stinks. Sorry for the loss. I am sure thast the memories will be long lasting.

Still sit for hours looking at pictures of my girl who we lost to lupus.

It's hard to lose a friend that is so special. They know and love us despite our faults.

I'm sorry for your loss.

:(

I've been there, and I feel for you. In my world, they are never "only a dog."

woof woof

David, I am so very sorry to read about your loss of dear Beatle. What a wonderful boy he is in that precious photo. I imagine he is up there playing with the dogs who have graced my life.

Each dog is unique, but they have one thing in common: They are able to give and accept love better than just about any other being on the planet.

I hope your tears end soon and a permanent smile fills your face when you hear that great name Beatle

litigator

Remember that we can all be certain that there are dogs in heaven, because without them, it could not be heaven.

Paul_Burkett

Dogs are so special, when they are the loving kind of dog. They love us for everything that we are and forgive us when we screw up. They are not "just dogs", they are our best cheer leader and are always there to greet us when we come home. They bring a smile to the face and a rainbow to the heart.

Sorry to hear of your loss, I know that it hurts.

yabadabapal

Just popped in and read your post about your dog.

Im sorry for your loss. Gods best friend is his dog.

Rinkydink

Sorry for your loss. Unconditional love is a wonderful thing. Beatle is in a better place minus any suffering.

Dave in Doodah

My thoughts are with you, Dave. We have lost several 4-legged members of our family to cancer and it never gets easier. But I am positive that Beatle knew and valued how much his family cared for him. That is what it's all about.

I'm sorry you lost a good friend and traveling buddy. It's the worst part of having a dog, keep lots of memories of all the good parts close at heart.

Beatle looks like a fun pal. It sounds like he lived a full life with you and your travels. My condolences to you.

Archived