IGNORED

New Shoes

boatzo

I just had a new set on Metzeler 880s installed and I love em already. I retired my Pilot Roads after 10k miles. They were still usable, but had developed quite a ridge in the center of the front tire. I had the 880s here for several months and decided to make the switch.

The first thing I noticed was how quiet the 880s were compared to the singing PRs. Also now with no ridges or scalloping, cornering and twisties feel so much better. Only have 150 miles on them so far but I am looking forward to a smooth future. :grin:

I run them also, and they are great. But you will notice them starting to sing after a couple thousand miles.

I just had a new set on Metzeler 880s installed and I love em already. I retired my Pilot Roads after 10k miles. They were still usable, but had developed quite a ridge in the center of the front tire. I had the 880s here for several months and decided to make the switch.

The first thing I noticed was how quiet the 880s were compared to the singing PRs. Also now with no ridges or scalloping, cornering and twisties feel so much better. Only have 150 miles on them so far but I am looking forward to a smooth future. :grin:

I think a pair of new tyres always feels better that the worn pair that came of,regardless of brands. :grin:

I just put on a pair of Road Attacks and removed Avon Storms with 5080 miles on them that were 98% gone,instantly the bike is transformed,even though my favorites over all brands are the Storms.

Last summer on a rainy weekend I put on a pair of Storms,new Olin's front and rear and Galfer pads all around,, talk about a new feeling machine :grin::grin::grin:

I just had a new set on Metzeler 880s installed and I love em already.

Are you running the 880's front and back?

Yes, front and back. I am anal about changing both tires at the same time. My rear tire (Pilot Road) still had some mileage left on it, but I wanted to have both tires new.

typically get 8,000 miles. picked up a screw in the rear at 6k. so, rear is 880, front still z-6 for a short while. did about 200mi sunday and didn't notice any difference.

on the interstates alot. curious to see how they hold up. prolly change out the front next month.

I used to run 880's on my Goldwing. My mileage ranged from 24,000 to 26,000 km on the rear tire and a little more on the front. All around probably the best tire for mileage and stickyness on the Goldwing.

I hear that the front 880 is not a radial? Is this info correct? Any problems mixing radial and non radial? Some riders are running a Z6 in front and an 880 at the back. I am wondering which is a better combo.

Lmar,

My front is radial (rear too). I guess you can order non radial (bias)? Maybe they don't make a radial in the size needed for a wing? I have also heard of others running a Z6 on the front due to stickyness, but have no experience. No experience either with mixing bias and radials

Lmar,

My front is radial (rear too). I guess you can order non radial (bias)? Maybe they don't make a radial in the size needed for a wing? I have also heard of others running a Z6 on the front due to stickyness, but have no experience. No experience either with mixing bias and radials

The Goldwing 880's were both radials. I read somewhere on this forum (if my memory is correct)that the front 880 for the RT was a non radial? I am glad to hear that they are both radials.

I will have to see how the Z6's perform on my new RT. I really liked the 880's on my Goldwing.

roadshadowww

I have pretty much switched over to 880 when I get a chance on any of my bikes..... the 12GS Adv and the RT-P

I like Road Pilots after a very poor showing by Z6s. My Z4s were ok but they were dropped and I tried the 6s. :P then went RPs and finally settled into 880 as my "go to" tire.

The GS rides wonderfully with the 880s and it helps I'm not a dirt rider with my GS.

Archived