IGNORED

Ouray IV, "Solstice Soiree" is now official June 19-22

azkaisr

322025501_xESqq-S.jpg

322027258_2Gfgd-M.jpg

Yes for what seems like the 4th year in a row (though only the previous 2 are discussed) we are going to meet in beautiful Ouray Colorado for a few days of adventure and the friendly debate about things too silly to mention.

You may be asking yourself, does this trip make sense for me to attend? Well folks I am here to tell you that we go to great lengths to make this a 6 Star event, yes 6!

322038328_sPPi6-M.jpg

The organizers of this even work tirelessly to make sure that a good time is had by all...

322037781_uPr5b-M.jpg

...going to the ends of the earth and off the beaten path in search of the adventures that most only dream of.

322034473_LgycV-M.jpg

There are multiple lodging options for you to chose from as well.

322036153_vzSwE-M.jpg

As well as unorganized jeep rides into the wilderness

322030178_4RDgB-M.jpg

Where it is not uncommon to see big game! Wow Look at this behemoth next to that Pine Tree!

326891703_HFsij-M.jpg

Our friendly guides will make sure that your every whim is catered too.

326609362_v472i-M.jpg

Look a happy participant!

326730840_kzqQT-L.jpg

Oh and there is even secluded camping!

So check your calendars and make some calls to get a room for this event people. But don't be suprised if you come that it will become habit forming.

Sincerely

Mr Kaisr

President

Fandango Tours LLC.

326611721_hYxWL-M.jpg

Sharon and I are IN.

Got a condo at Riverpark. Two bedroom. We got the room with one king bed. The other room with two twins is available. PM me.

This year we'll have our 4wd truck and in the bed will be our dirt bikes....

Here are links to some of last year's ride tales, for those that want a review of the event:

My 2008 Ouray Ride Tale.

Edd's 2008 Ouray Ride Tale (the funny one).

Brad's 2008 Ouray Ride Tale.

Tommy already reprised his, but never the less:

Tommy's 2008 Ouray ride tale part 1

Tommy's part 2

Sharon's 2008 Ouray Ride Tale.

Most people go in a Jeep Rental. Bring proof of auto insurance, even if you are on a bike, bike ins doesn't help.

This is gonna be great!

I should have said, I think this year we'll have our 4wd truck and in the bed will be our dirt bikes....

'cause that is what I have in mind, but I don't remember if I mentioned it to Sharon... :eek:

I should have said, I think this year we'll have our 4wd truck and in the bed will be our dirt bikes....

'cause that is what I have in mind, but I don't remember if I mentioned it to Sharon... :eek:

Good luck with that!! :thumbsup:

I assume Tom that this year you will be bringing your very own Jeep, or do you have another plan?

Actually, I am leaning towards riding Jan and renting a Jeep. I really love that ride up there and I can get a jeep anytime I need one. :)

I'm IN, Janet is undecided.

Do we need to take this to the secret Ouray Council? I would ask Howard, but he is on probation still.

Actually, I am leaning towards riding Jan and renting a Jeep. I really love that ride up there and I can get a jeep anytime I need one. :)

Hmmmm, I wonder what Jan will have to say about that? :grin:

Hmmmm, I wonder what Jan will have to say about that? :grin:

So far I'm truly at a loss for words.

Oooooh sure would like to join ya. As soon as Gar gets back from the tech day I'm going to start nagging. After all that's what I do best :grin:

Bob Palin
The Whips are in........

Killer, are we riding dirt bikes off road?????

I'm up for it, I can get yours and mine in the back of the truck, if the Squirrel graces us with her presence I'll bring the trailer (she'll want to bring 3 different types of bicycle at least!)
Bob Palin
Tentatively in with dirt bike.

Anyone up for Black Bear Pass?? Black Bear pass

I'd be up for it but I suspect it will still be closed by snow given the amount they have been having recently.
The Whips are in........

I'm up for it, I can get yours and mine in the back of the truck, if the Squirrel graces us with her presence I'll bring the trailer (she'll want to bring 3 different types of bicycle at least!)

You know, I'd really like see the Squirrel come on out... what do we need to do to entice her.... You know I'm willing to go pretty far in some respects.... but promising to play SCRABBLE may be going just a bit too far... :rofl:

Got a condo at Riverpark. Two bedroom. We got the room with one king bed. The other room with two twins is available. PM me.

One of the two twin beds is now taken. One twin bed remaining available in the shared room.

Tentatively in with dirt bike.

Anyone up for Black Bear Pass?? Black Bear pass

I'd be up for it but I suspect it will still be closed by snow given the amount they have been having recently.

We're gonna have to wait and see. Snowing there right now. Those riders from Australia (Babycow and Paul) are in the area I believe. Hope they found some low elevation pursuits...

If the major high dirt passes are closed we'll bring the street bikes instead and still have a great time in the area. More than enough to do... Mesa Verde, Durango & Silverton Train, Lower elevation stuff, hiking, bicycling, and tons of fantastic street riding.

If Black Bear is open I'd like to schedule it for Sunday... to allow a shake out ride on one of the other routes Saturday before trying something with a cliff like that on the bike. I haven't ridden these sorts of roads on the bike before. If Sharon or I don't feel comfy with the bikes, we'll have the 4wd Tacoma, so I think we're up for it, I am at least, in one form or another. That route was always one of the holy grail mountain bike routes when we lived in Durango that we never got to do, because of the need for a shuttle. I would think if Janet or Eddd wanted to try mtn biking it, this would be the perfect time as I'm sure they can can catch a ride to the trailhead, and then pile into one of the jeeps at Telluride. There Janet, now that's enticement!

Guys, don't think the dates will work for me this year. I really enjoyed last year's and highly recommend it to anyone who is considering going.

Bill_Walker

I'm the Little Engine That Can't. "I wish I could, I wish I could, I wish I could."

• 2 weeks later...
**   Chris   **
The Whips are in........

You taking the Motorhome?

Well I guess Leslie is out (she's already missing one concert to be at Torrey this weekend and can't miss another), but I've got the 19th covered and that clears me for a GO for Ouray IV! :)

This will be some small consolation for having to miss yet another Torrey, SAMSAR's famous North East Tech Daze, the West Virginia Ride that's shaping up nicely, the BRR gathering and all the other fun events that I'd really love to be retired to be able to go to!

Hey Whip! Speaking of hell freezing over and all that, when was it we're we all "shrugging" off to UT/CO/NM again? I'll bring a yurt for Leslie and me. If you can just find a flat spot in the far corner of the "compound" somewhere we're good to go. I'm ready! :clap:

And if ghaverkamp can join us I'll bring a supply of freeze-dried emoticons to last him for the rest of his life! :thumbsup:

Well I guess Leslie is out (she's already missing one concert to be at Torrey this weekend and can't miss another), but I've got the 19th covered and that clears me for a GO for Ouray IV! :)

This will be some small consolation for having to miss yet another Torrey, SAMSAR's famous North East Tech Daze, the West Virginia Ride that's shaping up nicely, the BRR gathering and all the other fun events that I'd really love to be retired to be able to go to!

Hey Whip! Speaking of hell freezing over and all that, when was it we're we all "shrugging" off to UT/CO/NM again? I'll bring a yurt for Leslie and me. If you can just find a flat spot in the far corner of the "compound" somewhere we're good to go. I'm ready! :clap:

And if ghaverkamp can join us I'll bring a supply of freeze-dried emoticons to last him for the rest of his life! :thumbsup:

Hey Jamie

I am planning on riding up to this one so if you are game, maybe you get here the night before and we ride up together? May have Timmy, Howard, and Craig with us too.

Tom

Jamie,

I just cancelled my room in Jan's condo so there is a room available. I lost my negotiations for another trip so soon.

Jamie,

I just cancelled my room in Jan's condo so there is a room available. I lost my negotiations for another trip so soon.

If you need help with negotiations,I can help,,I can get you the rest of your life off :rofl: It well cost you thou :dopeslap:
chrisolson

Unfortunately I'm out on this one. Scuba diving in Mexico instead ... well, actually Cindy is diving and I'm along for the ride. Not sure how I'll survive ... the all included resort only has local beer and tequila .. :Cool:

**   Chris   **

Life is just too busy. My Mother-in-law is having her kids throw her a 50th wedding anniversary party that weekend. She was married on Juneteenth.

I think I've just about used up a lifetime of lame excuses, so maybe I better attend. Anyone still need a roomie?

No s$#t....

I think I've just about used up a lifetime of lame excuses, so maybe I better attend. Anyone still need a roomie?

Joel, we have a 2 bedroom condo. Bullett and I will take the room with one King. The other room has two twins. We are looking for a couple or two individuals that don't mind sharing to take the two twins. Johnlt had reserved one twin, but is now out. So both beds are currently available.... you can have one or two.... doesn't your wife need to come? PM me if interested in the details.

OK, my exile is coming to an end. IN, arriving in the late afternoon/early evening on the 19th, departing morning of the 22nd. Many thanks to Twisties and Bullet for securing lodging and offering me a bed.

Got Big Muddy serviced and shod yesterday, so that part is squared away. Now, just dealing with waiting ...

One twin bed is remaining up for grabs in the room shared with Joel. PM me for details if you are interested.

OK, my exile is coming to an end. IN, arriving in the late afternoon/early evening on the 19th, departing morning of the 22nd. Many thanks to Twisties and Bullet for securing lodging and offering me a bed.

Got Big Muddy serviced and shod yesterday, so that part is squared away. Now, just dealing with waiting ...

Great News!!!!!

One twin bed is remaining up for grabs in the room shared with Joel.

FWIW, I don't bite. Or have cooties. That I know of.

ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE DISCLAIMED.

:grin:

Hey Roy

Call Beth at.....800-711-9697...(she works for the property managers)

We are stayin on the far north side of town.

Well I'm out. I reserved a room on Wednesday from work at the Riverside Inn in Ouray. I was informed when I got home from work by my wife that she had booked a trip to Hawaii that same week.

We do seperate vacations.....but I have dog duty when she's gone.

I will need pictures to see what I missed.

Archived