IGNORED

AM/FM Radio R1150RT

Rancity

I am the new owner of a 2004 R1150RT-SE

It has the AM/FM radio cassette player. I find this option rather silly becasue it has no hook up for head phones and I have CDs not cassettes.

Is there a cd player that would fit in this compartment?

You can use any standard DIN size auto radio. In other words the size of the radio is automotive standard. You do have to be cautious about whether the CD will play in the vertical orientation. Also you will have to come up with your own remote control or rewire the factory remote to work with the new radio.

You might also consider getting an iPod MP3 player and connecting it to the radio audio through a cassette adapter. Griffin Technologies is coming out with a Smart Deck that will fit into the cassette player and enable you to use an iPod with the remote controls on an RT. Just a thought -- might be easier than replacing the radio. smile.gif

You can also install an XM using the "tape adapter" for interface allowing use of the handlebar mounted controls. I have mine set up like this and love it. I can also switch between the XM and local news station from the handlebar controls. The tape adapter is higher fidelity than the FM modulator.

Archived