IGNORED

Brake/clutch lever

CruisinCruzan

CruisinCruzan

I'm looking into an aftermarket set of levers if they would bring the lever closer than the BMW range of far away to really far away. Has anyone replaced their levers and did it give you the ability to reduce the reach from stock? Thanks

Yes I have adjusted the levers to the closest BMW position (= far away)

CruisinCruzan, we kind of have to know what bike your are working with? You didn’t say & there is noting in your profile..

You can move the clutch lever in farther by removing the adjustment button & reworking it to allow a closer detent.. Problem is: on ANY lever rework or new lever that shortens the distance to the grip it will also shorten the stroke so you might run into clutch release problems..

Same on the brake lever,, if you have the older servo assist brakes & you replace the lever or change the lever to grip position to less distance you could easily run out of braking power in an emergency if the servo system fails.. (we need to know the bike make,, model,, & year)

Twisty

Firefight911

Rizoma has levers for some R bikes as does Vario. Both available through Wunderlich. I had the Varios on my R1200ST. Loved them!!!!!! They are bike specific so, as listed above, we need to know what bike you have.

130428627_ZEShT-M.jpg

CruisinCruzan, on the 06 RT that bike has the wizzy brakes ( powered servo assist).. You have to be very careful that anything you do with the hand brake lever will not shorten the lever stroke or you could have diminished braking if the power part malfunctions.. Make sure anything you add that changes the lever contour still allows the same or more stroke..

Twisty

Archived