IGNORED

Center Stand

Russ - deeppurple52

Russ - deeppurple52

I removed the center stand and shortened it 1" when I lowered the bike. It works nice except when stowed it hits the foot peg and will not fully retract. Not to worry, I purchased a used center stand. Although it is 1" taller, it also hits the foot peg and will not fully retract. The stands appear to be identical so I'm sure it is the correct part. There is only one way to mount it so I am somewhat puzzled. Is there something I am missing?

(... when I modified the stand, I removed the bottom pad and shortened it below the crossbar so all of the angles remained the same. Given that it is an inch shorter, I can understand how the foot could hit the peg.)

Russ, do you have production foot pegs & peg mounts on that bike? Also can you explain where the stand is making the contact? What part of the stand hits where on the foot peg? What side foot peg? Picture would be great here..

Does the stand still have the rubber up-stop in place?

Twisty

Russ - deeppurple52

Twisty... My wife has the bike at work so I can't post a photo at the moment. It has stock foot pegs, the front pegs where you normally rest your feet. The arm you step on to put the stand down comes up under the peg preventing it from fully retracting. This arm should be aft of the peg. It appears that the stand should be mounted farther aft so that the foot will clear but that isn't an option. I have had it off a couple of times and it mounts where it mounts! It is hanging low enough for her to continually grag it in the turns.

Yes, it still has the rubber up-stop in place and it is 1/2 inch below the frame.

Russ, without seeing what you have it will be difficult to make a determination on what’s happening..

Did you buy the bike new? If not maybe it came with different foot pegs..

Any chance that stand leg got moved along with the ground plates? It does/did mount real close to the ground plates..

Maybe you can furnish a measurement of the stand pivot to the top of the foot leg.. That way we can compare it to a non modified stand..

Twisty

Unhofliche_Gesundheit

maybe you could find someone with the same bike so you could compare side by side to see what is different?

Maybe where the center stand mounts to the frame is bent or out of alignment,check for damage,Maybe some one hit something ???

Archived