IGNORED

Lurker Out!!

Chad F.

Hey everyone!

I've been lurking here for some time now and decided it was time to join up and be a "productive member of society". I've rode some 20 years ago and stopped. Started back up just over a year ago and got a Suzuki S50 to start out on. Nice size bike to make sure I want to be back on 2 wheels. Always dreamed about an RT and finally convinced my wife and was able to pick up a sweet 2005 with only 1500 miles on it. So had it for about 2 weeks and 700 miles I'm in heaven! Now if I could only figure out how to control the weather....

I wanted to say thanks to everyone, as a lurker I was able to gain much information and it helped me make my purchase.

Chad

Nice n Easy Rider
Hey everyone!

I've been lurking here for some time now and decided it was time to join up and be a "productive member of society". I've rode some 20 years ago and stopped. Started back up just over a year ago and got a Suzuki S50 to start out on. Nice size bike to make sure I want to be back on 2 wheels. Always dreamed about an RT and finally convinced my wife and was able to pick up a sweet 2005 with only 1500 miles on it. So had it for about 2 weeks and 700 miles I'm in heaven! Now if I could only figure out how to control the weather....

I wanted to say thanks to everyone, as a lurker I was able to gain much information and it helped me make my purchase.

Chad

I would like to know how you ever found a 4-yr old bike with only 1500 miles on it! Congrats and welcome. :wave:

Welcome Chad. If I were in Iowa I'd think more about finding a turn than controlling the weather. :dopeslap::eek:

OK I'm duckin' now . . . :wave:

Dave in Doodah

Welcome Chad. And I don't see anything in your profile, other than Iowa, so - technically - maybe you are not a fully reformed lurker yet?! :grin:

Now if I could only figure out how to control the weather....

Welcome.

Don't try to control the weather, just buy some better gear :grin:

Joe Frickin' Friday
Welcome Chad. If I were in Iowa I'd think more about finding a turn than controlling the weather. :dopeslap::eek:

OK I'm duckin' now . . . :wave:

Hey, he's ~600 miles closer to Torrey than I am, so that's a fine start. :grin:

Welcome aboard, Chad! :wave:

Hi Chad,

Welcome aboard!! :wave:

How/where did you find an '05 R1200RT with just 1,500 miles on it?

Is the faster one for that model year? You know, the "piedmont red" one? :grin:

Here is the business side of me:

1. I updated my profile with more info, sorry hard to share personal information.

2. I talked to my dealer and she had this one coming in the next day. It was a pastor who apparently had an accident on a ladder and broke this tailbone. The bike set in the garage since then, apparently it was uncomfortable to ride after the injury.

3. Of course it is the fast version. On a side note these bike like to go and go. It's hard to keep it in a reasonable range. I don't like to have double standards.

4. Better gear may have to wait I want more bells and whistles for the bike. So I'll have to go with average gear for now.

5. Apparently this Torrey thing is big here. I'll have to do some reading up on it so I know what you all are talking about.

6. Iowa is pretty straight all right, very few twisties to play on. I guess that means more road trips.

7. Thanks for all the warm welcomes!!

Welcome, Chad. I got back into riding on a Suzuki C50, which I totally hated; well, except that it was black and looked reasonably cool.

:grin:

bayoubengal

Welcome.

But you don't really get credit for having a bike unless you post the pictures!

Hey everyone!

Chad

Chad - I've got a solution to your weather problem: Don't stop. Eventually the weather will change. Trust me on this one. You have the right bike to execute that solution. Let's talk again in 100 thou or so.

Ride safe.

Paul_Burkett

Welcome to the board, this is the place for fun and excitement. I did notice that on your first post, you got edited by Mamma Hoon, what did you do?

I think that is a record.

I did notice that on your first post, you got edited by Mamma Hoon, what did you do?

I think that is a record.

I posted in the wrong place and then she made me sound cool by changing the subject. She was gental with me, I'm sure the gloves will come off sooner or later. I'm kind of glad that I've got a record already, that's great for me.

I see you have already sampled the Kool Aid... so come on in tell us all about it.

Torrey? Whats this Torrey you speak of?

Welcome on board. Nice choice of bike!

To your point: "Better gear may have to wait I want more bells and whistles for the bike."

There are many here, actually too many, who are more than willing to guide you in your quest for bells and whistles. Far too many. :/

Chad

Be warned, if you come to Torrey, you will never ever be the same again. It is that worthy.

And Welcome.

Kaisr

Howdy neighbor!

Wife and I are on the Western side of the state [~40 miles N of Council Bluffs - Omaha (NE)]. If you ever get over here drop me a line... There are some nice roads in the Loess Hills here :)

Welcome aboard.

-AMZ

Howdy neighbor!

Wife and I are on the Western side of the state [~40 miles N of Council Bluffs - Omaha (NE)]. If you ever get over here drop me a line... There are some nice roads in the Loess Hills here :)

Welcome aboard.

-AMZ

Awesome, I knew that there had to be at least one other Iowan on this list!!

Howdy neighbor!

Welcome aboard.

-AMZ

Initiation plan: Take him to M's Pub (Old Market Omaha), punch him in the arm, teach him the secret handshake, then plan the ride to Torrey for the full tripper.

Finally figured out what I had to do to post a picture. That's more like work that play, it seems like it shouldn't be so difficult. I'm sure it will get easier the more I do it.

IMG_1859.jpg

Archived