IGNORED

Visiting Orlando FL

stubble!

I'll be in Orlando in a few weeks for a conference (flying in, no bike). Any suggestions on interesting things to do in the evening?

how long you there for?

when you getting there?

where you staying?

MCO is a big town with crappy traffic and poorly organized street plans. Other than that it's great!

Dinner anyone?

Dave in Doodah

You could head to the east coast. not a terribly long drive for a weeknight. Or wait until the weekend. You must have a RonJon's bumper sticker to display when you get back home....

And maybe you can find a good place to eat on the beach.

Dinner anyone?

Possibly.

That is, if you'll still let me ride with ya. :dopeslap:

Only if you promise to quit making dumb passes... no means no!

:rofl:

Dinner anyone?

Possibly.

That is, if you'll still let me ride with ya. :dopeslap:

Only if you promise to quit making dumb passes... no means no!

:rofl:

Hmm, promise not to be dumb.

I dunno, you're asking a lot. :grin:

Thanks for all the tips. Looks like I'm flying in late Monday 6/1, and leaving that Friday. Staying at the Marriott world center. At this point I don't think I'll even bother with a rental car, as I'll only have wednesday eve free, so transport might be an issue for me. :(

marriott world center is nice and right at lake buena vista area. downtown disney and boardwalk nearby. stayed there before and like it. very close to airport. see if "la nouba" (sp) available wed pm. located in downtown disney.

Just spent the weekend in Orlando.

Kobe Japenese Steak House is very good and close to where you stay. Here's the thing about Orlando though: There are more people there from all over the world than any other place I've seen...disinfect your hotel room with wipes and wash your hands frequently!

The worst drivers from all over the world are there to see the mouse so watch out if driving or walking!

Downtown Disney is a great way to spend a free night.

RichEdwards

A suggestion. As a motorcyclist, don't judge Florida by what you encounter in Orlando (or Daytona either). Real Florida is very different. Orlando has its attractions (I'll be driving my car there in June to celebrate my granddaughter's 4th birthday at Disney), but I don't make Orlando a regular destination even though I'm just 90 minutes away.

Archived