IGNORED

Another seat help post!

Pananimal

Hey everyone, here's where I'm at. I am still trying to get comfortable on my 04 rt. The comfort seat made my but numb, the stock seat for me was better w/seat jacks, the position was better but my butt still got sore after a couple of hours. I had Rick Mayer tweak one of his seats I bought used and though it got my feet on the ground(29" inseam)it still felt like I was sitting on an incline and was pushed foward towards the tank and not in the pocket of the seat.

My question is, what about the Sargent. I have sat on one and liked the position it put me in on the bike but felt harder, how are long trips on the Sargent? Also,does the Sargent low seat put you in that same position but lower or will it push you foward? I would love to have my feet on the ground. I think for me it's about "position". Please help, I love my RT, I just want to not think about my butt! This is the first bike I have had this issue with. I know this issue has been beaten to death but.......maybe BMW will come up w/ a seat you can be happy w/ for the bike, wouldn't that be great!

I had the Sargent low and brought it back. It was too hard. I've got the Sargent now and I've done a 1200 mile day on it. I won't say my butt never hurt but it was tollerable and for me the stock was real bad.

I had a Seargent for a while and it was reasonably comfortable. It was a little too hard for me but I didn't slide forward. It is fairly flat and uses pretty dense foam. I switched to a Rick Mayer (low) version and it is very comfortable. I used seat jacks with it and that seemed to do the trick to stop any sliding. I just switched to the Russell and find it very comfortable. I'd rank it and the Rick Mayer about the same from my perspective. Rick Mayear looks much nicer however.

We had Sargents on our '02 R1150RT for awhile and hated them. But then seats are so much a personal thing that testimonials here are of little value IMHO.

just acquired (3 weeks or so ago) a 1 year old sargent, carbon fx seat for my 04 rt. purchased it from the classifieds on this site. immediately upon installing it seemed very low, however when riding it seems fine. the orginal seat was the stock comfort seat. i've ridden about 600-700 mi on it and like it. no sliding around, i feel planted in it, etc. so far i'm happy with it.

Hey Richard,

I am leaning towards the standard Sargent. Is it as low or lower than stock? I have heard(like you) that it is much more comfy than the Low seat.

Just finished a 7000 mi + cross country trip sitting on a Sargent low. Other than a sweaty rear end caused by 95-105 degree temps the seat was great. My 30" inseam easily reaches the ground.

Tracy....

Kathy and I have an '04 1150 RT and didn't like the comfort seat; hard, slid forward, generally misnamed "comfort"...Went to Ojai CA yesterday and had Rocky build a seat for us....Only one day later and not tested but I think we're going to love it...Kathy's inseam is 32 and mine is 29-1/2....In the mid position with the new seat her heels are on the ground and in the low position mine are..Lowered seat probably 2" and made it fit us; comfortable..We both like to ride in the mid to high positions for the ergonomics; handlebar placement, less knee bend..New seat has and no sliding forward tendency...Comfortable....We are very impressed with Rocky Mayer's operation and product..His goal is to increase your riding enjoyment...He is personally involved in building the seats...We couldn't be happier...Time will tell about how well is suits us but it feels good right now...He builds custom seats and mostly by using a questionaire, photos and probably telephone conversations to fit individual needs.......Suggest you take a look at his website and see other comments on this website about Bill Mayer seats......

Phil...........Redbrick

http://billmayersaddles.com/october25homepage.html

Archived