IGNORED

Autocom Vox settings and BGNS positioning

DougD

I purchased a Super Pro AVi from Top Gear in Dec. 08. I'm having difficulty in setting the Vox control trigger point. The background noise sensor (BGNS) is presently located as per Autocom install instructions in my Arai Profile helmet. I've tried several different locations of the BGNS and VOX control settings to no avail. In all my attempts, the helmet noise causes the VOX to trigger. Is my BGNS faulty? Any suggestions?

The BGNS just controls gain, of the speakers, and should not have anything to do with the VOX. It is possible you have a mic problem. Are you running a "wind sock" on your mic. At the max vox control setting (most difficult to key), you should not get anything unless you really "yell" into the mic.

The BGNS just controls gain, of the speakers, and should not have anything to do with the VOX. It is possible you have a mic problem. Are you running a "wind sock" on your mic. At the max vox control setting (most difficult to key), you should not get anything unless you really "yell" into the mic.

According to the owners manual, the BGNS auto adjusts both the volume and VOX. No, I don't have a "wind Sock". It's my understanding that it is used only in open face and some flip front helmets.

I use the wind sock with my Schuberth because I run with my visor open most of the time. No problems and my transmissions are loud and clear. I could be wrong on the BGNS impacting the VOX but my experience is that I only see the gain impact.

Archived