IGNORED

First brake warning, then speedometer and gear selection indicator.

RevRay

While in route to rendezvous point for Sunday

asphalt worship, the brake warning light came on I rode thinking front pads need to be changed. Then my speedometer stop working and my gear indicator was blank. I pulled over at the first rest area for a visual inspection?? Brake pads at about 20-30% ok time for new brakes. I tried to start the bike nothing happened. So I disconnected and reconnected battery hoping on board would reboot. I got her started headed home with warning lights flashing and speedos and gear indicator working intermittently almost like a loose connection somewhere. Any thoughts or suggestion welcome...

If the battery and connections are good and the problem persists.

I would check and clean the speed sensor on the rear wheel also check for any breaks\cracks in the speed sensor wires and front and back wheels. This would have an effect on the speed and brakes, not sure if it would effect the selector. You could also have a bad connection at the gear selector switch. But not likely to have 2 different problems show up at once.

Battery contacts are clean and tight, 4yr old battery is putting out 12.4 volts. I will check speed sensors and wires, prior to trip to dealer.

Thanks

Battery contacts are clean and tight, 4yr old battery is putting out 12.4 volts. I will check speed sensors and wires, prior to trip to dealer.

Thanks

Did you load test that battery???Thats the only way to test it to see if its good !!!!!

Archived