IGNORED

High Bear Pt II- Wrong Holder

DrMikey

It took me over an hour to work the high beam bulb out of the headlight housing. As I recall, you move a clip and it should just slide out. You then disconnect the power lead and take the two-piece holder apart, exposing the bulb.

Well, the previous owner or his mechanic had adapted an H3 bulb and what looks like an H3 outer half of the two-piece unit to the two-piece bulb holder. The ring size on the H3 outer sleeve seems to be just a bit too big to slide nicely. Where do I find the right part- only at a dealer, or do auto parts houses have such bits?

I don't think you can buy it seperatly from a dealer, part of the wiring harness.

So aftermarket is your best option. Different brands are slightly different in size. You may have to experiment a bit.

It took me over an hour to work the high beam bulb out of the headlight housing. As I recall, you move a clip and it should just slide out. You then disconnect the power lead and take the two-piece holder apart, exposing the bulb.

Well, the previous owner or his mechanic had adapted an H3 bulb and what looks like an H3 outer half of the two-piece unit to the two-piece bulb holder. The ring size on the H3 outer sleeve seems to be just a bit too big to slide nicely. Where do I find the right part- only at a dealer, or do auto parts houses have such bits?

This sounds strange....Any pictures?

Andy

Andy Johnston

I found a thread in a previous post on this site

and copied the info

1150 rt hi beam lamp holder

"I took a chance and ordered some likley looking parts for a K1200LT headlight,

and they turn out to be a perfect fit !

so - if anyone else ends up in the same position,

hopefully they will find this post !"

part numbers 63122305854, and 63122305859

dont know who the poster was but it may be usefull