IGNORED

Boots- BMW Allround vs Sidi On Road

Bill in Vermont

Bill in Vermont

My Sidi Sympatex On-Road boots have served me well, but after about 6 years need replacing. Their price is now around $325, vs $235 or so for the BMW Allround boots. I like the lighter weight of the BMW's, but how do they hold up in wet stuff, and any other comments? Thanks

I too have the sidi on-road sympatex. Being cheap, I got them at a good price on ebay. However, I have made the statement that there are few things I would pay full retail for if I had to and two of those are my sidi boots and my danner boots. Factored over 6 years they are not so expensive after all and for instant comfort and assured dryness!

Go with what you know works.

Just my opinion.

I have the BMW Allaround boot and have been very pleased with their comfort and waterproof features.

I have worn them in a couple of all day rains and my feet were still dry when I checked into my motel room and removed the boots.

The only negative I can mention is that they are built with a slight forward lean, like your position while riding. If you walk uphill, the front top rims tend to rub against your shin. A minor point, otherwise they are a very good boot.

I bought them at the dealer when they ran a 20% discount on boots.

I have both. Sidis win in all departments, hands down. The BMWs are good boots, so I don't have many complaints, but they are not as substantial as the Sidis, do not offer the same coverage (they're shorter), and the BMW's zipper opening can get annoying compared with the quick and easy velcro straps of the Sidis. You get what you pay for in this case.

-MKL

Haven't used them, yet, but Sole Performance of Encinitas, Ca. was recommended a while ago for re-soleing SIDI.

Archived